9.0grams of 18k, 3.3 grams of 18k, 6.3 grams of 14k, silver and more the last 3 hunts

Yellowbelly

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally things are picking back up for me. The first hunt things were bleak but I checked three areas one which yeilded the 14k then later a James Avery silver ring. Second hunt the first three targets were rings a little later I decided to slowly work the area and grid it off which one more ring but things were bleak from there on out. First up was a nice looking band and I thought for sure gold it's 6.2 grams but tested weird with the acids which makes me think stainless steel. Next ring up was a silver ring with either a green rectangular stone or piece of glass. The photo is kind of dark so a little hard to see. Next ring was just a junk ring. The fourth was a silver with what it looks like partial gold on the rims and two gold Dolphins and a heart with possible diamond. That same hunt I found an earring also that I wasn't sure was gold or silver but looked like a decent size pearl on it. Tested the earring and seen it with the loop. Says s925 but text strange seems to for sure be a decent size pearl. The junk ring and 925 earring are not in the photo. Then yesterday's hunt. Things started off real bleak stop to talk to another hunter then no more than five to ten minutes later I pop the fatty 9 gram 18k ring with three small stones and soon to follow the broken 18k chain and charms. Things are finally picking back up for me and hopefully it continues. Thanks for looking and happy hunting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 192
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    734.7 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    576.4 KB · Views: 195
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 174
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 169
Upvote 16

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice. Congrats on the yellow! Where are you located?

The best way to tell if you have gold or stainless is relatively simple. Gold leaves a mark on the stone very easy. Stainless, you really have to press hard on the stone to get a mark. I used to work in a pawn shop years ago. I tested gold every day. You get the feel of it after time.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul of gold and silver goodies! Congrats!
Glad things are looking up for you! Hope it continues!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's about 3 years of gold for me. Congrats on finding those in 3 hunts. :occasion14: :notworthy:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread