1753 KGii, Complete Shoe Buckle, Mystery Pewter Piece, Beautiful Buckle Frag

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a couple other cabin sites today. The finds came hard from these sites but added up to a great day. I have no explanation as to why I find all of these shoe buckles. This has to be over 20. I'm guessing it's the rough areas I hunt. Lots of steep banks by rivers and remote areas. Found a fragment that I so wish was a complete frame. The pewter piece is likely from a piece of furniture? The 1753 KGii is not from the same site as the other coins but has that same nice patina. I'm beat and laying down to watch some basketball
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 33

Jyverb64

Oct 30, 2012
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer Se Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another sweet KG and I love the buckle and pieces

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Beauty hunt Sir Ahab. My text back to you after those pics said it all. I'm happy for you like I'd be happy for a friend banging a supermodel. I'm a bit jealous but happy for you all the same.

NICE KG, beauty buttons, and of course what's a hunt without a complete buckle?! I just wish that one frag was complete. That would be unique. One more cabin to find bro...you can do it!!

Last edited:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see what you mean about the buckle fragment. That would have been a sweet one if it was intact. You are a bit of a shoe buckle magnet now that you mention it. Nice hunt. :thumbsup:

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't get over the condition of these coppers man... They have such a great patina on them. Obviously the complete shoe buckle makes me angry... they are my absolute favorites and that's one less that I have a chance at digging :laughing7: Incredible buckle dude. At some point, if you build a display, it'd be sweet to see all your buckles together. Can't wait to see what else comes from this place and so happy you got yourself onto such a sick spot.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't get over the condition of these coppers man... They have such a great patina on them. Obviously the complete shoe buckle makes me angry... they are my absolute favorites and that's one less that I have a chance at digging :laughing7: Incredible buckle dude. At some point, if you build a display, it'd be sweet to see all your buckles together. Can't wait to see what else comes from this place and so happy you got yourself onto such a sick spot.

Yes, Abe should build a display the size of a friggin' house called "Abe's Museum House of Colonial Buckles". Brad, it just ain't fair right?!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome KG, congratulations!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, Abe should build a display the size of a friggin' house called "Abe's Museum House of Colonial Buckles". Brad, it just ain't fair right?!

Abe should stop using shoe laces and bring the shoe buckle back in style. :thumbsup: It's not fair... the way I see it is I'm the best person to find a complete shoe buckle, but if not me, then anyone else on tnet should dig it... that way I can still enjoy it. Ha. Abe, consider a tnet name change to ShoeBuckleAhab8.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds! Congrats!
Those are in great shape too!
Well done!

Brian W

Nov 9, 2007
Very nice coin...That buckle is a great find too...Wish that buckle frag was complete, It would have been a beauty...Congrats

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super cool stuff yet again. The KGii is ridiculous!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bet your tired. Awesome finds, :thumbsup: The KGII sure is pretty.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Isaac

Oct 11, 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT All Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AMAZING finds buddy! Man it's been a while since I've gotten a complete shoe buckle and i'm getting an itch to find another. Maybe those cabins were less wealthy than that first one hence the lack of finds.

Mr. Digger

Nov 25, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, SE pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on some awesome finds! That KG cleaned up and and wow the buckle is spectacular. Nice Colonial finds you have there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions