14k 7.25 GRAM GOLD RING, BIG SILVER RING, BARBER DIME, 2 MERCS, ROSIE AND MORE!

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me just first say, I don't know if I could ask for much more in a single hunt. I spent most of the afternoon shaking my head going "did that really just happen today"? I know there are a bunch of old timers on here who have had amazing days compared to this, but let's put this in perspective: I started metal detecting in October. I truly love this hobby and days like this confirm my love for it.

The other fitting thing about this hunt, is it is my last one before I kick off what I hope will be an epic Metal Detecting vacation. 5 days. A staggering number of potential beaches. A tent. A metal detector. And the open road. Whether I completely strike out or strike gold, I promise to post my results when I get back, I'm out the door on Tuesday bright and early.

I think that is enough ranting, here's the details on everything in the photos. In case anyone is wondering why my clad and the silver ring look so clean off the beach, I recently bought a tumbler and I put them in for a few hours when I got home. I'm surprisingly happy with how the big silver ring came out considering I only put water and dish soap in with them. Here's the goodies:

(1) 1955 Wheatie
(1) 1964 Rosie
(2) Mercury Dimes 1944, 1935
(1) 1907 Barber Dime

(2) Silver Rings, 15.4 grams and 3.6 grams
(1) titanium ring? Any 4 ring day is a great day for me
109 clad, $20.88

(1) 14K 7.25 gram gold wedding band

IMG_5118.JPG

IMG_5119.JPG

IMG_5120.JPG

IMG_5121.JPG

IMG_5123.JPG

IMG_5124.JPG

IMG_5125.JPG

IMG_5126.JPG

Upvote 16

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazing, congrats on having one of those once in a lifetime hunts. :occasion14:

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice . Congrats

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,now that is a super hunt for sure.Next hunt make sure to take along a wheelbarrow to haul away all the loot.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice Oldie's and love the Gold Band!

With treasures like that I would consider a water machine for that beach. If you found that in the wet to dry heaven only knows what's in the water...:treasurechest:

OP
OP
N

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice Oldie's and love the Gold Band!

With treasures like that I would consider a water machine for that beach. If you found that in the wet to dry heaven only knows what's in the water...:treasurechest:

I have thought about a water machine, but the Pacific Ocean is pretty rough and I wonder if it would be worth the effort. We tend to hunt at good zero or negative tides and after large swells have come in so most of the targets end up in the exposed wet sand only accessible at low tide. I also haven't seen anyone out here doing metal detecting in the surf which also leads me to believe it would probably be incredibly challenging. thanks for the comment :)

OP
OP
N

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing, congrats on having one of those once in a lifetime hunts. :occasion14:

Thanks Loco,
I always enjoy seeing your threads looks like you are having a great 2016 season too, congratulations on the barber half!

OP
OP
N

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,now that is a super hunt for sure.Next hunt make sure to take along a wheelbarrow to haul away all the loot.

Funny you mention that thrifty, because I felt like I was using a wheel barrow... about 3/4 of the way through the hunt, my wooden scoop handle decided to SNAP completely off at the base. I spent the remainder of the hunt down on my hands and knees digging targets out with just the head of the scoop. it was during the last 1/4 of the hunt that I found the gold ring, the barber dime and the small silver ring, so I'm glad I kept going and didn't quit because of equipment failure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread