crawl space???

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
So I slept in on friday, then I thought I could use the day off.....(Who doesn't??) anyways, I go and call my buddy up and he's moving some boat motors (he's a marine mechanic). I help him and he invites me to dinner so I go. His house is old and the basement has a section full of dirt. You know, like a room full of dirt with about 3 feet of space between the ceiling and the dirt. There was some junk in there and very dusty. I tell him I am going to metal detect in this dirt. (why not?? its not like I have a hot date on a friday night or anything!) He says "go for it, I got a whole bottle of Jim Beam we can share". So, I go home, get the detector, go back, get a jim beam, and crawl into this dusty hole. I find a bunch of nothind but nails. He is at the entrance way looking at stuff. He bends down and picks up a coin shaped object. He says that he found something and gives it to me. I look at it and spit on it and look at it again. It is a 1935 wheat cent. Figures, I am the one with the detector and he just picks it off the ground. That was the only coin found that night. It was nice to use the detector for a while though... I can't wait for all this snow to melt. It is funny though, the oldest coins i have found while detecting (if it was me who found it or not) have been American coins.(I live in Canada) The oldest Canadian coin I have found was my very first find with my detector and it was a 1942 dime. I will post a pic sooner or later.
Huizer.

Upvote 0

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Huizer! It helps to share the Jim Beam AFTER you detect. Just kidding! You never know what you'll find under there. Look back a ways for teh posts by Nick1878. You'll be back in the basement in no time.
Welcome to the Forum & be sure to keep us posted on your finds. Spotz

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Great story,,, I don't think them people lost anything back that long ago... ;D
I too recently detected my crawl space, found a few old goodies, no coins though...
Got a post on here somewhere with some of my finds,,, going to post a follow up on it here soon...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread