Dime Trifecta!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
My hunting partner had to work today so I went door knocking by myself. The very first house I tried gave me permission so I pulled out the E-TRAC and started. I hit a modern penny, then a modern quarter. And then the modern stuff stopped. This turned out to be my first ever virgin yard. I pulled 15 wheats, which I have not gotten dates from yet. I dug a nickel, a 1939 Jefferson. I got the ID part of a silver ID bracelet and 2 Mississippi Sales Tax tokens, one of which is immaculate! Here is the silver and tax tokens, including the dime trifecta!
(I cleaned the sales tax token and the Barber dime before I took the pic). Thanks for looking! HH

20160326 Dime Trifecta.jpg

Upvote 12

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome digs! Congrats on the trifecta an accomplishment I have yet to achieve! Came close last year finding a Mercury and a Rosie the same day returned the following and found the barber if I would have only had a couple more hours of daylight it may have happen lol congrats again!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG CC :occasion14: Don't ya just love a virgin site. :thumbsup: I finished one up yesterday that gave up 8 silvers and close to 50 wheats and then got permission from the next door neighbor. The dime trifecta is a great accomplishment. I'd grid that place and hunt it in 2 directions before I moved on.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice collection of goodies!

OP
OP
Captain Caveman

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for all the kind replies.

Great digs! What year is the Barber?..
The Barber was a 1916s. The Mercs were 1924 and 1928s. The Rosie was 1952d. The Washington was 1950d.

Awesome digs! Congrats on the trifecta an accomplishment I have yet to achieve! Came close last year finding a Mercury and a Rosie the same day returned the following and found the barber if I would have only had a couple more hours of daylight it may have happen lol congrats again!!
I dug a Merc, then the Barber. It was my first Barber dime so that's all I thought about for a little while. Then it hit me, if I can find a silver Rosie, I will have the trifecta. About an hour later, the 1952d popped up and I was all happy!

Congrats on all that silver
Thanks. That is the most silver I've dug on one day so far.

WTG CC :occasion14: Don't ya just love a virgin site. :thumbsup: I finished one up yesterday that gave up 8 silvers and close to 50 wheats and then got permission from the next door neighbor. The dime trifecta is a great accomplishment. I'd grid that place and hunt it in 2 directions before I moved on.
This was my first virgin site and it was all I dreamed it would be! :laughing7: The lady didn't want to give me her phone number, but did say I could come back when I saw them home again. I haven't hit the backyard yet and would love to hunt the front yard again in a different direction. Thanks for the advice.

On another note, the permission that silversmith and I hit this morning (yes, we hunted on Easter) was a bust. Oh well, you win some, you lose some!

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice handful of silver coins, wtg. Tokens are one of my favorites, it's a shame I can't seem to find many,lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread