Black Hills Gold Ring! First Gold Ring Find!

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I found this Black Hills Gold Ring today at the park buried under the grass..about 2 inches down. I lifted up/back the grass and kept getting a high silver/copper sound and found it buried in the dirt with just the back edge of the ring sticking out. But I saw gold and knew it was a ring! It says C. CO 10K on the inside..on two places...one close to the base of the ring and one on the band..sorry I can't get a good pic of the inside.
I went down to Walmart after finding it and they have rings similar (without as much gold as the one I found) with the same markings C. CO 10K and they retail from $80-$100+ so I believe it's worth at least $100. retail. I've read a little about Black Hills gold and the leaves are usually 12K .. gold mixed with copper/silver for the rosy gold color and the rest of the gold 10K. There are 2 leaves on the ring. My daughter looked up C. CO on the internet and said it stands for Cameco Corporation, a gold mining company. Second dig in the grass...first was a penny. And yes I'll be going back to the same park..I don't think anyone has detected this park..at least not in a while. I'm still ;D ;D ;D.

Attachments

• goldringup.JPG
    goldringup.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 490
Upvote 0

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find TL, I bet you're eyes light up when you saw that gold come out of the ground. Keep us posted on what else you find there. Happy Hunting. Joe

OP
OP
treasure_lady

treasure_lady

Jan 17, 2005
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
For the new folks.. I thought I'd add these pics of "other" finds during the past few days! All kinds of "fine" junk..not counting the pull tabs and misc. wire, foil and cans! Also my clad finds, 2 wheaties (1957, 1958 D, one 1964 nickle, one 1965 quarter, one play dime (says play dime, thin dime), and a eagle token (which I thought was really something until I turned it over and it said... no cash value! So some trash before treasure! ;)

Attachments

• junkstuffup.JPG
    junkstuffup.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 473
  • cladetcup.JPG
    cladetcup.JPG
    5.6 KB · Views: 476
  • tokeneagleup.JPG
    tokeneagleup.JPG
    6.6 KB · Views: 468

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats!!! Nice ring...
Looks like, with all them nails you dug, you deserve that one... ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Ring T.L. ........... You would almost think people carried nails for the Barter system, instead of using money? :D? ?just about anyplace I go, all I gotta do is, go to all metal, & I'm guaranteed at least 1 nail? :D? ?Maby they grow in the ground :lol ............... congrats on the Ring ............. ; jeff

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Congratulations Treasure Lady on your first gold ring, I know it was a rush seeing it come up. Its a really nice ring. Keep swinging the coil and more will follow
hh

OnionRings

Dec 15, 2004
Denver, Colorado
TL, That's a very nice looking ring! It looks like you have your detector dialed in now! With all the rings your finding you might want to purchase a cheap gram scale so you will know the value by gold wt.

Onion

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice digs TL! Great park you've got there keep 'em coming!

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 10kt tells you that is a current production piece and wasn't in the ground more than 10 years or so.They went to to 10kt,only 40% gold,when gold prices went up.They used to run 14 kt.(60%) and super old pieces were even 18kt. The whole ring is 10kt,there is no difference in the ring just some with nickel,copper to achieve coloring.Nice find.Weigh it X 40%=gold content.Divide spot price on the home page by 31.1 X your weight=gold value X 110% for your true value as fabricated gold.This is of coarse just a round figure,there are swapmeets fulla impulsive buyers who'll pay too much.Tons a au 2 u 2-John

Tom E IL

Greenie
Feb 1, 2005
Manito IL
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Gold, Ace 250, CZ3D, F75
Nice finds,I wish I could go out its still cold and working alot.Have fun out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread