🥇 BANNER CS plate, that WAS a lucky charm!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of you may have seen my post yesterday on the lucky token and decorative mystery object I dug so the title of this thread will make perfect sense. This afternoon we went out to hunt a site that really didn't hold a ton of promise but it was a site I had asked permission to hunt which made my find even more special as my better half is usually the one who does major research for me to just show up with a smile and my Minelab 505 X-Terra ready to dig. I had dug three or four not so good signals and pulled out trashy pot metal and iron what's-it's, thinking we had one of our usual afternoons of Spring cleaning a homeowner's yard ahead of us. Got a wonderful nice toned signal, dug a plug about 4-6 inches deep and saw that beautiful green color we all know and love. I had unearthed a Confederate Army of Tennessee belt buckle! Some sources call it a clipped corner and indicate it was worn by Confedrate Calvary. The buckle was not available until 1863, which makes it perfect for the Battle of Nashville which was in December 1864. It also most likely means the soldier who wore it was involved in the Atlanta campaign, Battles of Spring Hill and Franklin and Nashville where he lost it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 95

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Tom. My husband has found a US breastplate, a US oval belt buckle, a rectangular eagle sword buckle that at one time had a silver wreath that the ground disintegrated, a batwing keeper and various and sundry relics but no CS buckles. He still loves me anyway!

Hey in the end Whats yours in his & whats his is yours.
Just make sure it always has the correct "Dug by............." Label.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prolly not Bruce but nice try. Our friend in Murfreesboro, Tennessee , Larry Hicklen said the plate was most likely made at the Selma Arsenal.

View attachment 1293185

Hey Somebody call the Alabama DNR , I think those guy's in the picture are Looking for Relics!!!
Sorry Could not help Myself.

That's really a neat old Print.

EasternShoreMetal

Nov 21, 2014
Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro w/DD coil.
also, still have a Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's a real BEAUT! Online too late to vote, but not too late to appreciate.. lol, WTG! It's often those places you just don't expect much that can really surprise us. Good ID and just a great recovery.
More, more! HH.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
great sassy molassy!!

2 banners already? Just trying to make me look bad?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Nancy, real nice....congrats, wish you more success this season...

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great sassy molassy!!

2 banners already? Just trying to make me look bad?
No that would be the mister haha! Seriously I wish he would find one but he has recovered some pretty nice relics in the past too.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find CoilyGirl. Now that's a find of a lifetime. It couldn't have happened to a better person either. Congratulations and keep digging

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did i miss this rrr congrats on a stellar find

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy smokes CoilyGirl :o. That makes two nice Confederate plates. I'm Still dreaming of one. Congratulations!! Completely outstanding.

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may have seen my post yesterday on the lucky token and decorative mystery object I dug so the title of this thread will make perfect sense. This afternoon we went out to hunt a site that really didn't hold a ton of promise but it was a site I had asked permission to hunt which made my find even more special as my better half is usually the one who does major research for me to just show up with a smile and my Minelab 505 X-Terra ready to dig. I had dug three or four not so good signals and pulled out trashy pot metal and iron what's-it's, thinking we had one of our usual afternoons of Spring cleaning a homeowner's yard ahead of us. Got a wonderful nice toned signal, dug a plug about 4-6 inches deep and saw that beautiful green color we all know and love. I had unearthed a Confedrate Army of Tennessee belt buckle! Some sources call it a clipped corner and indicate it was worn by Confedrate Calvary. The buckle was not available until 1863, which makes it perfect for the Battle of Nashville which was in December 1864. It also most likely means the soldier who wore it was involved in the Atlanta campaign, Battles of Spring Hill and Franklin and Nashville where he lost it.

View attachment 1292790

View attachment 1292791

View attachment 1292792

View attachment 1292797

complete missed this...great find!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats lady.... YOU are the WOMEN! I'm sorry I'm late to the party. Great job and find...!!!!! :headbang:

Maybe mount between 2 old horseshoes turned sideways....? I know somebody who has a couple! Or, come on out, leave engine running, hit the old road and dig up a couple.

But nice find Nancy..... Brad

IAMZIM

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2011
Butte City, Montana
Detector(s) used
ace 250/garret pinpointer, garret AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really cool, Congratz on Banner! Looks like you know how to find the CS finds, lol!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Daggummit Coily!! You've knocked it out of the park again!! Congrats!!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the banner and a wonderful piece of history that you recovered

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! You're definitely getting on some great sites in Tennessee! :occasion14:

With all of the CW history in your state, every site has the potential to be a great site! :thumbsup:

Congratulations on BANNER #2,
Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread