🥇 BANNER CS plate, that WAS a lucky charm!

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some of you may have seen my post yesterday on the lucky token and decorative mystery object I dug so the title of this thread will make perfect sense. This afternoon we went out to hunt a site that really didn't hold a ton of promise but it was a site I had asked permission to hunt which made my find even more special as my better half is usually the one who does major research for me to just show up with a smile and my Minelab 505 X-Terra ready to dig. I had dug three or four not so good signals and pulled out trashy pot metal and iron what's-it's, thinking we had one of our usual afternoons of Spring cleaning a homeowner's yard ahead of us. Got a wonderful nice toned signal, dug a plug about 4-6 inches deep and saw that beautiful green color we all know and love. I had unearthed a Confederate Army of Tennessee belt buckle! Some sources call it a clipped corner and indicate it was worn by Confedrate Calvary. The buckle was not available until 1863, which makes it perfect for the Battle of Nashville which was in December 1864. It also most likely means the soldier who wore it was involved in the Atlanta campaign, Battles of Spring Hill and Franklin and Nashville where he lost it.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 95

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually a civil war pull tab! Excellent find! Gives a thrill when you get a plate out of the ground. BANNER.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an amazing find! Congrats and good luck trying to fall asleep tonight, lol. Definite banner find.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is actually a civil war pull tab! Excellent find! Gives a thrill when you get a plate out of the ground. BANNER.

I know you know the feeling Smokey! Thanks for all the nice comments friends, I am still in disbelief.

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW, WOW & WOW!! Another confederate plate! Super huge congrats! That is on the very top of my wish list. Great find coilygirl. Another banner for sure.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find CoilyGirl! Vote placed for banner

williedigit

Oct 24, 2015
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and WHITES SILVER EAGLE also MINELAB 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some of you may have seen my post yesterday on the lucky token and decorative mystery object I dug so the title of this thread will make perfect sense. This afternoon we went out to hunt a site that really didn't hold a ton of promise but it was a site I had asked permission to hunt which made my find even more special as my better half is usually the one who does major research for me to just show up with a smile and my Minelab 505 X-Terra ready to dig. I had dug three or four not so good signals and pulled out trashy pot metal and iron what's-it's, thinking we had one of our usual afternoons of Spring cleaning a homeowner's yard ahead of us. Got a wonderful nice toned signal, dug a plug about 4-6 inches deep and saw that beautiful green color we all know and love. I had unearthed a Confedrate Army of Tennessee belt buckle! Some sources call it a clipped corner and indicate it was worn by Confedrate Calvary. The buckle was not available until 1863, which makes it perfect for the Battle of Nashville which was in December 1864. It also most likely means the soldier who wore it was involved in the Atlanta campaign, Battles of Spring Hill and Franklin and Nashville where he lost it.

View attachment 1292790

View attachment 1292791

View attachment 1292792

View attachment 1292797

Sweet one of my buck list still to find[emoji79]

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done on the permission ,and your recovered plate!
Banner vote here too.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WOW, WOW & WOW!! Another confederate plate! Super huge congrats! That is on the very top of my wish list. Great find coilygirl. Another banner for sure.

And I wish for you to find one!

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to show the boys how it's done (again), Coily. Congrats on the super find.

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go on such an amazing piece of Civil War history! You sure have a knack for finding plates! Did y'all find any other CW relics in the area? Congrats again!

foilfinder

Jul 15, 2014
Ardmore Ok.
Detector(s) used
Sovereign/WOT,Goldquest,DFX,Tesoro DeLeon,
Fisher Impulse.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible find,...CONGRATULATIONS!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on another sweet Confederate plate!

OutdoorAdv

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2013
East Coast - USA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus,
GPX 4500,
Equinox 800,
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Incredible plate CoilyGirl :occasion14: Looks like you have started a Confederate plate collection. Ha. This one looks awesome too. Great hunt.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go, Coilygirl! You are on a CS plate roll... This one will no doubt earn you a second banner. :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread