morgan dollar, merc dimes, IH penny, wheaties and a NYC transit token

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
Not a detector find but a nice find none the less.

I was helping out a friend of mine who said he needed some cash. He said he had some old coins he wanted $15 for so I said no problem. Of course it was no problem.

I got as follows. an 1881 morgan dollar in great shape, probably AU. a 1967 proof kennedy half in AU. 2 1936 mercury dimes in excellent condition. a 1904 insian head penny in good to very good condition, a New York City Transit Authority token, one with the Y stamped out of the center. 55 wheaties fro various years from 1916 to 1956 and a few canadian coins mostly recent.

I figure the morgan dollar was worth more that the $15 alone so I made out on coins and by buddy got what he needed as well.

mike

Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
;D Mike you want to make $5.00 I'll give ya $20.00. It,s always a good find when you can come across a deal like that.Not that resale is great but the coins are.HH

C

Carl in CO

You both did allright there. You probably gave him more than the coin shop would have.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Yep! I like all old coins. It's more pleasing if you find them with your detectotr, but I never turn down a good buy either. Spotz

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
If he really IS a buddy AND he was just in a tight spot you should offer him the chance to redeem them when he gets straight again . But that's just me .

OP
OP
P

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
I planned on that.

I get my ace 250 tomorrow. I will have to settle for detecting on my carpet for a few days until the snow melts but I can't wait.

mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread