Trokair

Mar 26, 2010
Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has been some time since I have been on the forums but I'm really happy to be able to attach this picture. After years of metal detecting I've found, all in one weekend, my first jewelry, first silver coin, and first buffalo nickel. All in my girlfriend's mother's front yard. The land has been a farm house since the late 1800's/early 1900's so I figured there had to be something dropped there. I've searched the yard in years past but only came up with two weaties last year (my first discontinued coins) as there are tons of trash and the ground is heavily mineralized with iron. First I pulled up half of a sterling silver ring, then she actually pulled up the buffalo and later I got the silver Roosevelt. I really don't have as much time to devote to detecting as I'd like but I am fired up now. Additional pieces are 3 weaties, 7 pennies, what appears to be an old laundromat token (C&W Bros, 50), and a piece of "Pirate Treasure" from my girlfriend's childhood.

DIG EVERYTHING is what I have seriously taken to heart now. Forget higher discrim, if it's non-ferrous I'm digging from now on. Can't wait to follow it up!

FindsMarch.jpg

Upvote 4

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions