Smore Goodies

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S'more Goodies

Who doesn't like to find gold, silver, and cool relics all in the same day?
I have a unique fast paced style and don't spend too much time on any one place. Today 3 places yielded a gold graduation tassel from '72, my first silver half dollar, and this heart bridle rosette.

I know the buckle covers that match were not made till after the civil war but don't really know if there is any way to date this piece.

Thanks for looking
Icewing

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found an old padlock with the key still in it, a good luck token with a wheat penny, and a modified 1937 mercury dime.

image.jpg
View attachment 1310284

Last edited:

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rather than start another new thread I'll just carry on with my latest "Goodies".

Earlier this week I stopped at a city park to let my kids play and see if there was anything good to be found. After passing up a few weak chatters I hit a decent tone and my very first hole produced this beautiful ring.
View attachment 1297726
Later that day I found a 2nd Infantry Div hat pin.
View attachment 1297731

Yesterday I hit a couple of old houses and found a couple of wheats, a piece I believe is from an old hand crank armature, a .38 rimfire cartrige, and my 4th Indian head penny.

View attachment 1297727
View attachment 1297730

If anyone knows anything about the .38 cartridge I'd appreciate the info.

That looks like a rimfire cartridge. If so, I would say mid to late 1800's. Nice find.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After some time in my electrolysis tub I managed to clean up the lock well enough to see the hinge and some rivets. Unfortunately I can't make out any identifying markings, but after a bit of searching I'm pretty sure it's a Miller.
image.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been hunting small but old town centers hoping to come across some old drops. In two hunts I pulled over $9 in clad and a couple of ear rings. Surprisingly I never made it past the layer of clad to find so much as a wheat penny, but I did find a busted padlock face with 1879 in the middle and a US collar pin (my 4th). Even though I didn't find any old coins in the last couple of hunts I still think this X-terra 305 is a doing a great job. My hunting buddy runs an XP Deus and not to brag, but I smoked him by about 3:1. Proof it's not always about the machine so much as where you swing it, and how well you listen. A high end machine with tons of settings can sometime work against you.
image.jpg

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really get around fast! Nice finds, and thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Icewing

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent some time hunting another old town center that had produced silver before and found an old .40 caliber bullet and another silver ring, but this one looks really old. The question is how old are they?

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread