🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_8359.jpg

Capped dime!! Who'da thunk it? :P
100_8358.jpg

Got up this morning and checked out the weather. Cloudy and not too hot...expecting rain in a couple of hours, so thought I'd go hunt a little at the button site. The way I went today goes right past the old Dr's house.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,70198.msg513473/topicseen.html#msg513473
I slowed down and took a peek down the drive and saw that the hay had been cut. Decided that I would spend my morning there instead. Now I usually don't go there alone, but it looked so inviting that I couldn't resist. The grass around the house was chest high so I drove on up to the second barn where the hay had been cut. Started hunting and within 10 minutes got a pretty good signal. Three inches. :P Right now, around here, three inches seems more like 10 inches with the ground being so dry but my signal was a good one, so I dug it. Sure glad I did! ;D After seeing it in the bottom of the hole, I knew that I had found silver, but didn't have a clue as to what it was. One side was pretty clean but the other had a blob of dirt stuck to it, so I just put it in my pocket. After a couple more holes a rain shower rolled in so I ran for the car. Sitting there I decided to put the coin on top of the car and let the rain clean it up a bit. I was all fidigy, about to die to know what it was. (My eye sight ain't what it use to be.) :-\ So I start going through compartments looking for anything that might help me see and I find an old pair of reading glasses that were my Dads! ;) The rain stopped after about 10 minutes and I grabbed the coin up and OH my Gosh! A what?! Here?! NOOOOOOOO.... in Alabama?! I'm still stunned! Ended up staying another hour or so and found a flat button at four inches and a couple of regular pennies. Still can't believe I found that coin! My oldest silver yet. I couldn't wait to get home and share it with my friends!!! :)
I didn't have the camera with me today. :-\ Sat it right by the door so's not to forget it and walked right on by. :P BUT..here's a pic from this past January...

Drsplace.jpg

Nana :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW, ya'll! :-* Thanks so much!! :) Ya'll are the best!

Burdie...will do! ;)
Nat...I know! I'll always wonder about it! Just never know.
Swingin'.... ;D
Cheese...Yep...chipping is more like it! :-X
Dan....Sounds like a plan! ;) Who wants to go to Cullman and have dinner with me? :D
NO more complaining, Fish....but I still ain't got a Barber in my collection of finds. :P
Dan...Thanks for that history! I also got curious about what was going on in Bama in the 1800's so I looked it up. Really was curious as to the population back in the day. Here's a link I thought was neat...says there were 144,317 here in 1820.
http://www.archives.state.al.us/timeline/al1801.html
Steve...I don't know why you wouldn't be able to see it? ??? I'll send you a pic by pm. :)
Dixie!!!...Still here! ;D Thank you! :)

This morning I went back for a couple of hours. Was really nice when I arrived, but after an hour or so it was getting purdy warm. :-\ Did manage to find a keeper. Not an old coin, but a token from a company that I had never heard of...then I get on here and seems quite a few folks have found one! ;) Just happy to come home with a keeper. :) Thanks again ya'll! Nana :)
100_8361.jpg

100_8364.jpg

100_8372.jpg

100_8371.jpg

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
sweeeeeeet coin !!!!! i want one....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
law 47 paragraph 14 states no skipping over the barbers,, ;D ;D ;D ;D
keep the good stuff comin !! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Very exciting find Nana.......congrats on your "first" bust and for making the TN banner....Joe

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Wow!!!, super nice find Nana,,, a big Congrats!!!
Definitely a coin still on my list of things to find...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now go & find its friend :)

Foose

Apr 12, 2007
Fayetteville, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 & Garrett Ace 250
I drool at your finds Nana! I am still in "schooling" at the tot lots but hope to graduate soon to older sites like this. I live in Ga. and have tons of potential CW sites . . . now if somebody would just say yes . . . that is a different story!!

Great finds as always . . . you are an inspiration to us newbs!

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
Fantastic Nana. I've been detecting for about 26 years and never found one. I have never even seen one. I have plenty of barbers and a few seated but no caped bust. Good stuff. Nana rocks. :o Mike

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll!!!! :)

Foose said:
I drool at your finds Nana! I am still in "schooling" at the tot lots but hope to graduate soon to older sites like this. I live in Ga. and have tons of potential CW sites . . . now if somebody would just say yes . . . that is a different story!!

Great finds as always . . . you are an inspiration to us newbs!

I'm still in "schooling" too Foose! ;) I've been hunting for two years and learn something new every time I go. :) If I can find an old coin, anyone can! ;) Just go slowwww and be patient. :) I do hope you can get to those CW sites! That would be awesome! Helps to do some name dropping.(if ya know somebody that knows somebody!) ;)

Mike Silver -gold said:
I have never even seen one. Mike
Me neither! :D When I first saw the date, I thought....wonder what this one is called?! :P (after a couple of 'oh my gosh's') :D Had to look it up when I got home!!! :D

Hope to get to go back this afternoon and hunt a bit more...waiting on the temps to drop a bit.

Thanks again! :)

Nana

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread