🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_8359.jpg

Capped dime!! Who'da thunk it? :P
100_8358.jpg

Got up this morning and checked out the weather. Cloudy and not too hot...expecting rain in a couple of hours, so thought I'd go hunt a little at the button site. The way I went today goes right past the old Dr's house.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,70198.msg513473/topicseen.html#msg513473
I slowed down and took a peek down the drive and saw that the hay had been cut. Decided that I would spend my morning there instead. Now I usually don't go there alone, but it looked so inviting that I couldn't resist. The grass around the house was chest high so I drove on up to the second barn where the hay had been cut. Started hunting and within 10 minutes got a pretty good signal. Three inches. :P Right now, around here, three inches seems more like 10 inches with the ground being so dry but my signal was a good one, so I dug it. Sure glad I did! ;D After seeing it in the bottom of the hole, I knew that I had found silver, but didn't have a clue as to what it was. One side was pretty clean but the other had a blob of dirt stuck to it, so I just put it in my pocket. After a couple more holes a rain shower rolled in so I ran for the car. Sitting there I decided to put the coin on top of the car and let the rain clean it up a bit. I was all fidigy, about to die to know what it was. (My eye sight ain't what it use to be.) :-\ So I start going through compartments looking for anything that might help me see and I find an old pair of reading glasses that were my Dads! ;) The rain stopped after about 10 minutes and I grabbed the coin up and OH my Gosh! A what?! Here?! NOOOOOOOO.... in Alabama?! I'm still stunned! Ended up staying another hour or so and found a flat button at four inches and a couple of regular pennies. Still can't believe I found that coin! My oldest silver yet. I couldn't wait to get home and share it with my friends!!! :)
I didn't have the camera with me today. :-\ Sat it right by the door so's not to forget it and walked right on by. :P BUT..here's a pic from this past January...

Drsplace.jpg

Nana :)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
most excellent coin Nana! Hunting good spots too!
find some more!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the site pics there. they really tell the story.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes Nana!! I know you are stoked about that one. Big congrats on a fantastic find!!! :thumbsup: I don't know I missed this post first time around.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a purdy coin there Nana. You got me beat on the oldest silver coin. Good job and good for you.

Jim
DaChief!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey! Thanks for taking me down memory lane! That was an exciting day for me. :icon_sunny: I don't know if I can ever top that one, but I'm sure trying! :D

Nana :wink:

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nana....

You were really holding your jaw right today. ::)

Another outstanding find. WTG :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions