🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_8359.jpg

Capped dime!! Who'da thunk it? :P
100_8358.jpg

Got up this morning and checked out the weather. Cloudy and not too hot...expecting rain in a couple of hours, so thought I'd go hunt a little at the button site. The way I went today goes right past the old Dr's house.
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,70198.msg513473/topicseen.html#msg513473
I slowed down and took a peek down the drive and saw that the hay had been cut. Decided that I would spend my morning there instead. Now I usually don't go there alone, but it looked so inviting that I couldn't resist. The grass around the house was chest high so I drove on up to the second barn where the hay had been cut. Started hunting and within 10 minutes got a pretty good signal. Three inches. :P Right now, around here, three inches seems more like 10 inches with the ground being so dry but my signal was a good one, so I dug it. Sure glad I did! ;D After seeing it in the bottom of the hole, I knew that I had found silver, but didn't have a clue as to what it was. One side was pretty clean but the other had a blob of dirt stuck to it, so I just put it in my pocket. After a couple more holes a rain shower rolled in so I ran for the car. Sitting there I decided to put the coin on top of the car and let the rain clean it up a bit. I was all fidigy, about to die to know what it was. (My eye sight ain't what it use to be.) :-\ So I start going through compartments looking for anything that might help me see and I find an old pair of reading glasses that were my Dads! ;) The rain stopped after about 10 minutes and I grabbed the coin up and OH my Gosh! A what?! Here?! NOOOOOOOO.... in Alabama?! I'm still stunned! Ended up staying another hour or so and found a flat button at four inches and a couple of regular pennies. Still can't believe I found that coin! My oldest silver yet. I couldn't wait to get home and share it with my friends!!! :)
I didn't have the camera with me today. :-\ Sat it right by the door so's not to forget it and walked right on by. :P BUT..here's a pic from this past January...

Drsplace.jpg

Nana :)

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
WOW!!!!!!!!! :o nana that is outstanding!!!! way to go!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Nana .........you just rock sister! What a great find and I am soooooo glad you decided to go it on your own ! You are going to put the rest of us to shame! ....But its definitely ok! :) :) :) Big Congrats to you!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Your time has definetley come Nana.....That is an awesome find....Big Congrat's to you.Glad the first instinct of going at it alone payed off for you,that's great....Big high five!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW Nana.

Great Find.

Congrats !

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Wat to go! That's a SUPER coin!!!

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
whew - that coin will get ya going - VER NICE !

great story and pics too, thanks

vp

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lord bring that for all to see at the hunt. A prize for the best dissplay. Congrats on a fantastic find.
Burdie

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Nana! - that is a nice looking coin and a good looking spot to boot.

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
You go girl ! You are having a kick butt season so far. A rebel button and bust dime come to mind :)

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
What a day!!
Nana,
Bet you are bouncing off the walls, A Bust Dime would give me a whole week of good days.
It would be that long before I was back walking on the ground. WOW.

So... whatcha waitin for...
Go find another one!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread