New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started out to hit a spot and try something I have been wanting to do, bottle hunt. Iv'e had a spot where I have been waiting to go, having been there before metal detecting I noticed a huge bottle dump with some of those old green thick coke bottles on top. I figured the older stuff would be deeper. Someone beat me there, I suspect a friend I took there to metal detect slipped up and ran his mouth, ha I know he took a buddy of his there while they were out riding their motor scooters. Loose lips sink ships. My dad always says, "your secret is safe with me, you only have to worry about what the people I tell say" Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa It's all good anyhow, there was nothing deep there, I spent allot of time with my glass probe, all surface glass, someone over the years must of dumped a couple three pickup loads there?
I left there and was going to go back to the cornfield and switched up, I headed to a farm where I knew there was soybean that was underwater the last time I was there. I spent a couple hours coming up with nothing but garbage and trash and was on the proverbial, "way back to the truck" when I got a nice sounding 93 four ways on my XP Deus. Out pops what I thought was a LC that I soon realized was an token. I was ten foot from the truck!

Enjoy the pix
HH & GL
Brad

20160405_130627.jpg 20160405_130648.jpg 20160405_141935.jpg 20160405_141952.jpg

Upvote 16

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like. An interesting piece, and one I haven't seen before.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the token! Congratz!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep tellin' ya and tellin' ya! When you start the day, walk BACKWARDS from the truck and it'll save time! ;)

Nice token!

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token congrats

I like. An interesting piece, and one I haven't seen before.

Love the token! Congratz!

I keep tellin' ya and tellin' ya! When you start the day, walk BACKWARDS from the truck and it'll save time! ;)

Nice token!

Thanks guys I love those tokens, it was exciting when I was seeing it as a Chain Cent, still when my eyes finally focused I still liked it as a ad token.
Most stuff gets left by the road hiding in the trash! Backwards tomorrow Gary when I start from the truck!

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool token... cleaned up nice!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am with David...first time I had seen that token too. You really have to watch what you say about spots when it comes to detecting. There are some here ( in Pa ) that troll every word said or typed for spots to steal.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great token you got there

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hi Brad,
Interesting token find, and plenty of Early Spring exercise. It won't be long before the mushrooms start popping up, so if you don't find anything MD'ing you might find some dinner in the woods!
Take care & Good Luck,
Phil

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat token brad, nice save!

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like that token. And I can remember seeing the Fisk tire ads like the one pictured on that token.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to buy 4 new tires from you Brad!

I'm sold! Lol. Very nice digs buddy and thanks for the sweatpants shot;)

Steve

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good lookin token treble, a big one too. I guess most people will just be people. I took a guy with me many years ago to a spot and he dug a rare Texas button right out from underneath my nose. I didn't even get a thank you or nothing. Then what really got me upset is it turned out he was hunting my spot without me, no friend there! Nice find.

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token... cleaned up nice!
Thanks

Great token you got there
Thanks

Hi Brad,
Interesting token find, and plenty of Early Spring exercise. It won't be long before the mushrooms start popping up, so if you don't find anything MD'ing you might find some dinner in the woods!
Take care & Good Luck,
Phil
Thank you Phil, If I picked mushroom I'd probably end up dead, I don't know which are safe?

Nice one!!
Thank you

Very nice. I like old tokens of any kind.
Thank you, tokens have been my favorites too.

Neat token brad, nice save!
Thanks Chris

I am with David...first time I had seen that token too. You really have to watch what you say about spots when it comes to detecting. There are some here ( in Pa ) that troll every word said or typed for spots to steal.
It could very well be a coincidence, I don't know. I'm usually very guarded of public places that anyone could go. I know he took one guy, but it really don't matter, there is nothing really old as far as bottles anyway.
That's why I like tokens so much, allot of variety!

I really like that token. And I can remember seeing the Fisk tire ads like the one pictured on that token.
Thanks, here is a ad I found looking it up.
Video 1938 Fisk Tire Co film features vintage stunt driving | Autoweek

OP
OP
treblehunter

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to buy 4 new tires from you Brad!

I'm sold! Lol. Very nice digs buddy and thanks for the sweatpants shot;)

Steve
Thanks and your welcome.

Good lookin token treble, a big one too. I guess most people will just be people. I took a guy with me many years ago to a spot and he dug a rare Texas button right out from underneath my nose. I didn't even get a thank you or nothing. Then what really got me upset is it turned out he was hunting my spot without me, no friend there! Nice find.
He don't know any better, just has a big mouth, he doesn't realize what he's doing half the time.
It's very thick, size of a LC or colonial copper, it really had me going. For that farm the time frame of 1938 fits better.
Thanks

Very cool token!
Thank you

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aye! Laddie! and they're very proud of being a "pirate" Arrrrrgh! And, the bounty they take from others' hard labours are particularly sweet! And perfectly legitimate! After all.....they stole it fair and square.....didn't they?!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread