Was about to throw in the towel.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well the last few hunts I went on haven't turned out too good. So tonight I borrowed baldingboy's XLT and took my Deleon and my daughters Discovery 1100 out to a local middle school. My son came too. The three of us started detecting and I hadn't used the XLT much before but I found a nickel a dime and the key right off the bat. My son gave up after twenty minutes and went off to mess around on the playground. My daughter kept stealing a different part of my equipment each time I looked up so it was kind of a frustrating evening. But then I thought hey this is what makes MDing so much fun. It was about time I had a "good" night for me because I was just about to give up and sell my machine and find something different to do. I know to a lot of you what I found would be a waste of time and effort but to me and my daughter it was a lot of fun. She found 4 dimes, two nickels a quarter and 4 pennies not pictured here. So all-in-all not a bad night and a little reinforcement that this is a great hobby.

Attachments

• cjms.JPG
    cjms.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 1,103
Upvote 0

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello again MasterEagle!
I personally like reading these sort of stories about m'd'ing outings! Life is all about family; some of us are not so fortunate to have children still at home. Enjoy those days!

I came back to add something regarding "throwing in the towel". Many of you know how close I've come a time or two for sure! I finally realized maybe I was expecting too much from the hobby. The fact of the matter is, none of us will ever get rich playing this game but, over time the rewards do add up and they are not always monetary. I'm really beginning to enjoy the comraderie these various MD sites present for so many UNBELIEVERS think all detectorists are nut basket cases! :)

Please keep digging but cover those holes! :)
GRB

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always nice to find the "rarities", but it's also nice just to be out, especially with youger family members (that keeps you young!)

Keep at it..you'll find the more you hunt, the more you want to hunt!

Nat

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's always nice to find the "rarities", but it's also nice just to be out, especially with youger family members (that keeps you young!)

Keep at it..you'll find the more you hunt, the more you'll want to hunt!

Nat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread