Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Not too much of a story here. I wanted to spend the afternoon with the kids but had 10 minutes and no sites. So I went back to my "Colonial Parking Lot"

10 minutes and ten clad coins and I got a sweet 12-45 (dime/quarter) at 7". Out pops a nice copper. Sometimes you just know they're going to be nice... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460682208.277267.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460682218.076858.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460682227.049089.jpg

It cleaned up well, but don't they always looks the sweetest all dirty?!?! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460682319.187334.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1460682330.211830.jpg

I said "well it ain't going to get better than this!" And left. 10 minutes!

It doesn't get any better than that.

Good digging ya'll!

Steve

Upvote 20

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like them dirty too Scrappy. :laughing7: Nice old large greenie! :alien:

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've dug 2 lc's...still waiting for one that looks that good. Grats

I've dug 50, and found 3 or 4 this nice. Jersey is farm country buddy...fertilizer is our enemy here.

Thanks and good luck

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scrappy.that has to be one of your best 10 minute hunts with 11 coins in that small amount of time.How in the world do you do that?

GrandBlancDig

Mar 26, 2015
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - 11" coil ~ TRX bullseye ~ Predatortools Intrepid ~ Predatortools Raptor ~ Whites Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome! Much better than my 3 hour Hunt with nothing!! It was beautiful out though and my one year old son got to come and run around while he watched dad for a bit.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Scrappy.that has to be one of your best 10 minute hunts with 11 coins in that small amount of time.How in the world do you do that?

I have many many crappy hunts. Don't let me fool you. How do I do it? I was on this ground two times prior and came up with nothing. I guess I just felt there was some goodies still remaining.

Thanks for looking

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
That is awesome! Much better than my 3 hour Hunt with nothing!! It was beautiful out though and my one year old son got to come and run around while he watched dad for a bit.

Having your kid(s) out with you is priceless. The time they choose to not complain while we hunt, and enjoy our company, money can't buy.

Great point. Cheers!

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA -- ONE CENT ! Gotta love 'em. You de Man Scrappy! I enjoy all of your posts. You always find neat stuff or have a great story. Thank you for sharing your experiences with TNet. It's good to hear from a family man too. Children are such a joy!
Phil

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The scrapster does it again , Steve I've done that myself ,find something decent In no minnutes

then say ,can't beat that today and !leave. Hh gl Steve and hey good luck this weekend.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I like them dirty too Scrappy. :laughing7: Nice old large greenie! :alien:
Green and sweet! I've dug probably 15+ coppers from this one spot ranging from 1700's British and draped busts onward. And and all but two were toast. This one was the only one not found where the farm field once stood. It's a good demonstration on how detrimental fertilizer is on copper.
Well done Scrappy, ,
That's a purty coin.
Congrats
Hhahah, thanks. My kids played with it all afternoon.
I've dug over 100 old coppers and I bet I don't have 3 that nice. Congrats on sweet LC
If I add in my British and other coppers, I'm probably right around you in total copper count. And yep, maybe only 6-7 sweet ones. I get real jealous of some guys who have better dirt. My man Ahab8 has great dirt up in Maine and his coppers quite often look great.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA -- ONE CENT ! Gotta love 'em. You de Man Scrappy! I enjoy all of your posts. You always find neat stuff or have a great story. Thank you for sharing your experiences with TNet. It's good to hear from a family man too. Children are such a joy!
Phil

Hey thanks for looking man! I enjoy posting on T-net, and bs-ing with a bunch of enthusiasts that all appreciate crusty coins.

Cherrs

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The scrapster does it again , Steve I've done that myself ,find something decent In no minnutes

then say ,can't beat that today and !leave. Hh gl Steve and hey good luck this weekend.

Absolutely. And walks back to the truck, egh Mr. 8???

You have good luck this weekend too. Oh wait...all us Basstards of Bramble are going together!!!!

Into the bramble go we!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, go spend that in the 7-11 lol
I hope to see something similar tomorrow along with something similar to your signature coin!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Hard to beat a quick hunt like that.

Chestdiesel

Jul 26, 2014
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sick bro! Sounds a lot like your Seated Quarter story from a couple months ago. Probably the same spot?? I've yet to find either. I hit 1700s 7 times last year, still no large cent. It's so frustrating. Lol.

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a spot like that, that is close to home and perfect for a quick hunt. Many times I have thought it was finished and then pops up something good. Just goes to show you. I often wonder, how did I miss that? Great coin Scrappy!

HH, Relic Nut

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sick bro! Sounds a lot like your Seated Quarter story from a couple months ago. Probably the same spot?? I've yet to find either. I hit 1700s 7 times last year, still no large cent. It's so frustrating. Lol.

Haha, no this wasn't the same site but the circumstances were almost the same. After work I get 20-30 minutes to hunt after work before resuming my fatherly and spousal duties. If I make a good find I often just shut the machine down and leave.

Funny enough I was just saying how I've not found many 1700's finds this year. But it can change just like that, so keep at it man!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread