A teaser quarter, and the REST of the story.

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...ds-my-first-7-weeks-ever-metal-detecting.html

This is the 1940 Quarter. Dang it is cool to crack open a plug and see silver!
Silver in the plug.jpg

The quarter is in AU condition. I am on a great property, and I detail my first 7 weeks in the above linked thread in General Discussion. Check it out! I didn't post in "today's finds" as I thought I would check in after MY FIRST 7 WEEKS EVER of metal detecting... If I find some killer coolness I will post to this thread.

I really appreciate all the insight and the Forum. Thanks! Moving from Virginia soon to S.C.

sugarcreek

Upvote 13

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on a nice silver quarter!

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. I've been at it for a couple months now and still no silver. Keep it up and have fun.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the silver!

OP
OP
S

sugarcreek

Mar 28, 2016
S.C. by way of Va,Co,Pa,Fl, etc and YOUR Realtor.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Fisher F75LTD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find. I've been at it for a couple months now and still no silver. Keep it up and have fun.

I am in my lost few months of living in a small Historic college town. I am having good luck in city yards, of houses dating from the 1920's.
I know there are good houses in the country, but I wonder if the wealth difference and life style difference (jobs, income) is just different.

Besides that, a small city lot, is like a concentrated area of family activity. A country yard can be big, and take a lot of time to detect.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you. Silver and dirt - great combination. Congrats!

Riggleman

Mar 7, 2016
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am in my lost few months of living in a small Historic college town. I am having good luck in city yards, of houses dating from the 1920's.
I know there are good houses in the country, but I wonder if the wealth difference and life style difference (jobs, income) is just different.

Besides that, a small city lot, is like a concentrated area of family activity. A country yard can be big, and take a lot of time to detect.

Dug my first small city yard today. Found lots of clad. My first silver coin, a 1952 Roosevelt dime, old wheat and 1939 nickle. My friend dug a 1963 quarter. I think your right on what you said. Smaller area with more activity. When I finish this new hunting spot I'm going next door and next door until I've asked the whole town. In theory it seems like a good idea whereas before I focused on large farms and permission is hit or miss.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread