Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I couldn't find anything respectable to post from my lunchtime farm hunt yesterday (two wheats - 1940 & 1944), I thought I would post an item my wife found without a metal detector. ;D
She found a gold and diamond tennis bracelet about two years ago when we were walking in our subdivision. She spotted it in the grass at the edge of the sidewalk. Man, she's lucky!
Anyways, we posted it in the lost & found section of our subdivision website, but had no calls claiming it.
My question is.....
it is stamped "14K PSD" on the clasp, what does "PSD" mean?
Thanks,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 614
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 614
Upvote 0

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet find ! not sure about PSD , maybe the company that made it ?

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
It's either the maker mark, or it could mean "P Sapphire Diamond" ? This one's a case for the jeweler to look at.

If those diamonds are real, that's an extremely valuable find! Congrats to the wife either way!

I'm headed to Lake B later today. You feel like going? ;)

Ridley

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Buy the way those stones are set, my GUESS is that they are. in fact, REAL....Have em tested because I think you have a piece worth a load of cash there!!!!
Absolutely beautiful even if they turn out to be CZ!

~Nash~

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can anyone say 40-LOVE?

The 14KT is obviously the percentage of pure gold in the ring. The PSD should be the mfg. hallmark and gives the ring an origin where it was made by a factory or jeweler.

Sweet find!

HH from M2

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Wow, this is my # one dream find MM. I really would love to find that.

Congrats to your lucky wife. Sure is a beauty. Thanks for sharing and making me drool. ;D

Smiles!
BDoo

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HeHe, I think you found the same link I did about the PSD that I was about to post. I would have it checked, they make a diamond testor that takes aboy 2 seconds to verify if they are real. Ask a jeweler. Very nice find and congrats to your wife! HH, Mike

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bavaria Mike said:
HeHe, I think you found the same link I did about the PSD that I was about to post. I would have it checked, they make a diamond testor that takes aboy 2 seconds to verify if they are real. Ask a jeweler. Very nice find and congrats to your wife! HH, Mike

Thanks Mike,
I was just checking out the diamond testers for sale on E-bay about an hour ago. I will probably be buying one. I hate to keep bugging my local jeweler to test them, when I'm not buying anything from them. Just awkward. I think one can be had for about $70. Between Ridley and I, we could get some use out of it I'm sure.
Have a good one,
MM

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my coin dealer check a few rings for me, I do buy a few coins now and then and he is a good dealer, I think, LOL! The last ring he checked for me had no hallmarks, I thought it was junk, turned out to be 12K gold, unusual gold content with 11 small diamonds, all real. He acid tested the gold and the diamonds with a diamond tester. My Mother in law somehow got that ring by way of wifey's persistance however, Mom in law no longer hassles me about detecting, well worth the loss, LOL!!! HH and let me know the deal with the diamond tester, one ring would pay for the tester. Mike

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
By the photo, the diamonds look real to me. They are pretty sparkly and seem to be different from each other because of inclusions etc inside the stones. Most CZ jewelry, the stones have no inclusions and look very consistant stone to stone. Just an awesome find. Keep us updated when you finally get it tested. If they are diamonds, it is worth serveral thousand dollars.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
papa said:
"PSD" simple,it means that it belongs to your wife ;D

Papa,
If I take it, it may mean "Pretty Soon Divorced". :o
-MM-

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
PSD ---if I understand correctly from the web site I went to is an india jewelry makers "hallmark" ----so its a indain made 14 K "winner"---- by the way have the stones checked ---WARNING---do not "leave" it OVERNIGHT OR FOR A FEW DAYS with the jeweler FOR "APPRAISING"(sadly some untrustworthy jewelers have been known to swap out stones while folks are getting stuff "appraised" ---figgering since the "owner" is asking are they real ---they can get away with it--- they can quite easily swap out the real stones out and tell you nope their fakes thus making off with the "real" stones---you very well could have hit it big time---have it aqppraised in your veiw and don't let on that you wonder if its real or not ----tell them you need it appraised for insurance purposes---by the way the "real world" sell value will be about 20 to 25% of the rather high "full price" insurance "appraisal" value---Ivan

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
PSD ---if I understand correctly from the web site I went to is an india jewelry makers "hallmark" ----so its a indain made 14 K "winner"---- by the way have the stones checked ---WARNING---do not "leave" it OVERNIGHT OR FOR A FEW DAYS with the jeweler FOR "APPRAISING"(sadly some untrustworthy jewelers have been known to swap out stones while folks are getting stuff "appraised" ---figgering since the "owner" is asking are they real ---they can get away with it--- they can quite easily swap out the real stones out and tell you nope their fakes thus making off with the "real" stones---you very well could have hit it big time---have it aqppraised in your veiw and don't let on that you wonder if its real or not ----tell them you need it appraised for insurance purposes---by the way the "real world" sell value will be about 20 to 25% of the rather high "full price" insurance "appraisal" value---Ivan

Thanks Ivan.
That's the 2nd India reply I've gotten. Here's another reply from PBK that shows the "PSD" as being a hallmark from Stuckey Diamond Co. in Houston:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,92964.0.html
Either way, I think my wife really found a great piece of jewelry. Did I say how much I love her? ;D
Thanks,
MM

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
pbk knows his stuff --- I'd trust him on the "hallmark" question---- humm just wondering ? maybe the store in houston has subcontracted its manufactering to india and uses their PSD hallmark on the "imported" stuff---india does make lots of jewelry items--- that would explain things neatly and in today's world everything seems to be outsourced-- the houston jeweler might just be a "american outlet"---for indian made jewelery baring its "hallmark" or they might be using the indain "hallmark" as "theirs" here in america---Ivan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread