Pre-Easter small silver find!

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Hey people.
For us here in Greece it's almost Easter (the Orthodox Easter of course), just waiting for the Christ to rise from the dead tonight so we get to shoot fireworks and celebrate His resurrection with a couple of barbecued whole lambs with all the family!
Here's the story of my small festive eyeball find:

So I was taking my afternoon nap after alight meal when my wife came home from shopping and rang our bell saying I should be so kind to come down and help her carry the stuff she bought. I swore a little getting up but being a good husband I went down and grabbed a bag from the trunk. With my peripheral view I got a glimpse of something lying on the street that looked like a hairpin of some sort, twisted into a strange looking bundle. When taking out the second bag I couldn't help myself and I bent over to pick the strange thing up to take a better look. Well the "hairpin turned out to be aflat run-over small serpent. Obviously this was a ring looking like a bug-eyed snake, someone lost it and it got under the wheels of one or more cars, driving by our home. I don't know how long this has been laying there, could have been washed down the road by the last rain, 2 days ago... who knows.

snake_before.jpg

After setting down the groceries I took a picture of my find and started bending it back into shape starting with a pointed knife. The material was quite hard so then I used a wooden tool and finally I had to go to my workshop to get a metal rod to press the ring almost into it's original round form. As you can see it fits my wife's ring finger quite nicely (the crack helps :-P).

snake_after.jpg

Unfortunately on one corner near the head where it was pressed flat there was a crack that was too large to not snap when the ring was bent back, the other side looks very frail, too, but it kept together. And the best thing after prying the ring apart the "925" got visible!
So a small silver snake for Easter (2 grms) , hope this is not too much of a blasphemy... :-)

Just wanted to share all this!

Upvote 10

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find, just do not let Angely Merkel see that Euro or she may try to tax you 5€.

TRanegar36

May 1, 2012
IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, Pro-Pointer AT, Stealth 720i Hybrid
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the silver ring!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring...now don't forget to thank your wife for rousting you out of bed!

OP
OP
yaxthri

yaxthri

Bronze Member
Nov 17, 2010
Thank you. Love the chief in your profile pic, a great coin alltogether...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread