First day with new machine!

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Mason, Ohio (moved from wa)
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, White's XLT, GTI 2500, Ace 250, Titan 2000xd, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My GTI 2500 finally died so I scooped up on a used XLT.... Was kinda bummed having to learn a new machine this season (it really just started for me) a lil on the nervous side too... So I went and dug like a madman and dug everything was out about 5 hours and I was thrilled with the results... Detected my own yard (again) then shot over to the neighbors and low and behold the next neighbor saw me and invited me to her yard!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462149276.011289.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1462149299.794092.jpg

I'm loving this XLT, the quarter is a 45 and the dimes are 48 and 53... 7 wheaties the ring and odds and ends. A lot more trash than normal, but I was playing guess what kind of trash before I dig lol, just trying to learn the machine...

First time using a White's in my many years detecting... And I think I like it and off to a pretty good start!

Upvote 15

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your new White's XLT and the fantastic finds you made - looks like to me you are learning the machine quite well. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your finds with all of us and wishing you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

kyskinner

Oct 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
T2se. tesero tejon. white xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
win i coin hunt that what i use xlt it love Silver Congrats on all

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the new machine is going to keep you happy! Nice haul for just the neighborhood! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the new machine is going to keep you happy! Nice haul for just the neighborhood! :thumbsup:

Yeah I barley started the new house, that's where I pulled the dimes. It was only 2 passes next to the road... Not super old houses but from the 20-40s [emoji51]

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the new machine

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NW Digger,I use my XLT still ,bought it when they first hit the market and I have many,many nice items to prove it is a great machine.You certainly did great on that first hunt with it.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your finds with the new XLT.

Since you haven't mentioned it, do we presume your ring is not precious metal?

OP
OP
N

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NW Digger,I use my XLT still ,bought it when they first hit the market and I have many,many nice items to prove it is a great machine.You certainly did great on that first hunt with it.

Yeah I'm loving it, it's already "talking" to me... But I have a lot to learn, it seems like a very capable detector (hope I'm capable of using it right haha) and a step up from my GTI. Maybe when it conked out and I scooped up this XLT it was a blessing in disguise [emoji16]

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the same experience with new machines. The only way to learn is dig it all! In your case, some great results!

OP
OP
N

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds with the new XLT.

Since you haven't mentioned it, do we presume your ring is not precious metal?

14k gf [emoji30]
But it's still a thrill, a ring is a ring is a... Haha!

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like a great start.

OP
OP
N

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the same experience with new machines. The only way to learn is dig it all! In your case, some great results!

Yeah I "worked" yesterday, I rarely snap pics of trash... But just showing with a new machine, we don't just say dig everything, we actually do and have too! (Not meaning you, just in general)
Like my op mentions I made a game out of it... I'd say to myself hmmmm, sounds like foil, or this one sounds like a newer pull, this one sounds like an older one etc.... When I was right on my guess that was almost as fun and exciting as pulling the silver (almost haha)

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Did you stick to one area or did you wander around detecting? I wouldn't be able to dig that much trash. After a lot of ups and downs, it's hard standing up and my legs feel like rubber the next day. So I generally hike up the discrimination and dig the coins and silver if there is any to be found. Tip of the hat to you

OP
OP
N

NW Digger

Oct 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you stick to one area or did you wander around detecting? I wouldn't be able to dig that much trash. After a lot of ups and downs, it's hard standing up and my legs feel like rubber the next day. So I generally hike up the discrimination and dig the coins and silver if there is any to be found. Tip of the hat to you

I didn't really wander, just a quick back and forth once over on the neighbors...
I'm with you, I usually never dig that much garbage either but was learning the machine, believe me my "game" got a little old after the 60th can slaw guess, maybe that's why I only found the 9 wheaties and 2 spoons the next day.... I was sore lol

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some good finds! A bigger congratz on the new machine! I love taking a new machine out for the first few times!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the productive hunt and new machine purchase! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread