Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys,

Managed to get out on Saturday with D&D and Dirtstalker to secure a new permission site. Impressed with my Deus digs on Friday, I elected to press my luck and continue hunting with the new machine. The first site had tons of potential, with occupation dating back to the 1700s. After a chance encounter with the landowner, I secured the permission and we split up to work a massive field. While I did manage a few flat buttons, the more productive section of the site was likely slave quarters. This site had deep iron tools everywhere- Allen dug more than his fair share...a few rice hoes and a killer axe head, while I elected to cherry pick a handful of tombac buttons and 4 harness bosses.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

On Sunday, I headed back out to a promising coastal site that I had scouted with the yak a few months back. After chatting up a nearby neighbor, he agreed to call the landowner and clear us hot to hit the adjacent property. Stef45 linked up with me a short while later and we began gridding the site. Armed with my old Safari, Stef scored a pair of buttons- one killer civil war era Charleston PD button. Think the minelab gods were reminding me that my CTX had been neglected all weekend :laughing7: Not the most productive dirt, however I did manage a pair of epaulet clasps, a federal general service button, locking mech, and broken skeleton key.

5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg

Among the other weekend digs were a handful of copper flat buttons, partial sickle, massive iron buckle, and various lead.

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

All in all this weekend was just fanastic- 1812 Artillery, 1782 Real, Hibernia, Federal Service button, and great company. As always thanks for looking!

12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 21

Z.K.

Bronze Member
Jun 16, 2015
The Grants
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic variety buddy. Keep on killing it bro

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More great digs Jon. Congrats! The lock and key are really cool finds. That eagle button is in great shape too. I'm with you, love diggin old buttons...always with hopes it'll be military! Congrats again.

OP
OP
Patriot Relics

Patriot Relics

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2014
Lowcountry, South Carolina / Richmond, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Deus XP II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More great digs Jon. Congrats! The lock and key are really cool finds. That eagle button is in great shape too. I'm with you, love diggin old buttons...always with hopes it'll be military! Congrats again.

Yea buddy, need to get you down here and return the favor from last year

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great start with your new Deus. Nice pile of buttons!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All excellent stuff! Of course!

But, are we supposed to refer to "streaking" on this PG site? ;)

(ducking! incoming!)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread