A lonely Indian, a bunch of artifacts, and a small pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a 6 hour hunt at an 1800's farmhouse yesterday and found a bunch of artifacts, but not many old coins. I have a feeling that it has been cherry picked for coins in the past, but I still gleaned some interesting things. I managed to find a lone Indian head 1905 and 2 wheats, 1920 and one with no readable date. A small pile of clad, and some whatsits along with some cool items. I found part of an old toy pistol wishing I had it all. I found a toasted 3 Merry Widows tin. I found what appears to be the top to an old perfume bottle made IMG_0218.JPG IMG_0235.JPG IMG_0234.JPG IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0224.JPG IMG_0223.JPG IMG_0222.JPG IMG_0221.JPG IMG_0220.JPG IMG_0219.JPG IMG_0236.JPG of what appears to be solid copper. Also found half of an old locket. The combination wrench is a whatsit. If anyone knows what it may have been for I would appreciate it. The round object is made of copper and floats in water, any ideas? The reed is almost too heavy and made a little different to be for a harmonica. Again any thoughts about it? The old Gillette double edge razor blade holder was a neat find. The picture of the name tag that shows a tiger on it and had the word Tiger below it is something I am not sure about. The plate is rounded like it would mount to a bicycle frame, but I'm not sure. Lastly is the Sterling silver belt buckle. It rang up like a big silver coin in the 92 - 93 range and was still a welcome find. Its pretty heavy and must have been made for me as it has the right initial. It cleaned up nice and is 100 percent functional. Marked Hickok and Sterling. Sorry for the long post. Happy hunting and keep on swinging

Upvote 9

mirage83

Dec 20, 2009
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, XLT
Probably not what it actually is, but your curious wrench reminds me of an armorers wrench.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like a fun hunt, cool finds!

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Johncoho. That is a really great bunch of finds. I would be very happy with a hunt like that one. I think the copper globe is an old toilet bowl float. Hope you go back and find more Good Luck. C9

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. I had two other suggestions, a bike wrench and a welding tank wrench. I am leaning toward a vintage bike wrench.
Probably not what it actually is, but your curious wrench reminds me of an armorers wrench.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried to find a bike or motorcycle that has a head tag with a tiger on it but no luck with that either.

OP
OP
J

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you. That does make sense, although it isn't as large as the newer plastic ones.
Hello Johncoho. That is a really great bunch of finds. I would be very happy with a hunt like that one. I think the copper globe is an old toilet bowl float. Hope you go back and find more Good Luck. C9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread