Were Gonna Rock Around The Lock Tonight!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're Gonna Rock Around The Lock Tonight!

A beautiful day demanded that I get out and dig one of the nicest parks in the area. I found lots of clad, along with another Tiger Cub Scout neckerchief slide, a "laser" pointer, and a copper skull and cross pendant. The find of the day was the Frisco Railroad "Signal Dept." brass lock, intact and in great shape. It was in the park lawn about 50 feet from the old Frisco railroad line that borders the park, separated by an eight foot tall chain-link fence. Not bling but a nice relic! Thanks for looking, happy hunting to all this weekend. Sub 8-)

Frisco1.jpg Frisco2.jpg Frisco3.jpg

Upvote 14

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Friday the 13th treated you ok today!
Good job!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Friday the 13th treated you ok today!
Good job!

Thanks Whadi! I believe that you and I are kindred spirits when it comes to the topic of Triskaidekaphobia ... I was skunked on the ring & bling search today, but the good Lord gave me this cool old gem instead! I sure have found some great old locks in the past few years. Sub 8-)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well sir, I got married the first time on a Friday 13th, so you'd think I didn't like them, but from that marriage I got my daughter, so I ain't skeered of 'em a bit!:laughing7:

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great old RR lock!! The key may not be far from where you found it...........
The set would be fantastic.............

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the lock Sub. :occasion14: It's unique and will display nicely. Glad to see you got out and dug some targets today.

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the lock Sub. :occasion14: It's unique and will display nicely. Glad to see you got out and dug some targets today.

Thanks Loco! After some gentle cleaning, the lock articulates quite well, including the spring loaded keyhole cover. It has the small, flat key type of design, not the big round skeleton key design....probably from the first half of the 20th century. HH! Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread