1800s Estate Permission Yields Several Firsts

PA Sleuth

Nov 26, 2014
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Minelab E Trac, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't posted in a while, been busy with work and thwarted by the rainy weather. However, I recently scored a permission that I have been working on obtaining for over a year. The property is an estate from the late 1800s with over 40 acres of property. Unfortunately, it is scheduled for development in the next several months, so my time there is limited. I spent about six hours, over two days, hunting the manicured portion of the estate, yielding several silver coins, the oldest being an 1800 O Barber Dime, and my first Ben Franklin Half! While cool, I initially refrained from posting.

IMG_2154.JPG

Determined to find something older, I returned this past weekend. I focused my attention on a patch of woods. I pulled the following items in a three hour period:

IMG_2151.JPG

Going from left to right: An ornate knee buckle, two KG IIIs, one KG II, an unidentified copper (I think I see a wreath on the reverse, but the obverse is toast), a cut Classic Head LC, two Draped Bust Half Cents (no year visible), an 1833 Matron Head LC, what I believe is a fishing weight carved from a bullet, my first blow hole button, an 1800 Draped Bust LC, a 1794 Liberty Cap LC, and an 1813 (semi-key) Classic Head LC.

IMG_2152.JPG

The button is easily my favorite, but the Liberty Cap is stunning.

IMG_2153.JPG

Upvote 5

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Save those big pennies! Great coins, you might have to take a few days off work. :laughing7:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the virgin permission. No time to waste posting, gotta clean up those 40 acres. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread