Wheats, tokens, Boy Scout good turn coin, pile of clad

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a hunt at a new permission that looked promising, but turned out so-so. I found 9 Wheats from 1917 to 1956, 2 newer tokens, a cool Boy Scout good turn coin. It is about the size of a silver dollar and got the blood pumping when it came up in the 90's on the AT Pro. It is a neat coin that has the Boy Scout motto and emblem on one side and the other side has engraving that says to carry it in your pocket and move it to your right pocket when you do a good turn for that day. I also found a Panda medallion about the size of half dollar, that would have been attached to a necklace at one time. I found $5.10 in clad for gas money. I was a little disappointed in finding no silver. I have a feeling that this property may have been cherry picked at some time in the past. The wheats were not real deep, 2 to 4 inches at the most. I will go back and hit it again real slow and low. One of the wheats I found I thought was a semi key date but after better cleaning it turned out common. It caused me to check all my other wheat pennies for key dates, so I went through approximately 1600 pennies and only found a few semi key dates and they were not in the best of condition. I was hoping for a 1943 copper. Dream on! Happy hunting and keep on swinging. IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG IMG_0241.JPG IMG_0242.JPG IMG_0243.JPG IMG_0246.JPG

Upvote 6

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like the scout coin and the pendant is cool. Glad you got out.[emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your fantastic wheaties & medallion finds and thank you for sharing the pictures with us. Looks like you had a great day dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you had a pretty exciting day.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! That looks like it was a fun hunt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread