1893 Columbian Exposition match box!

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all!

I have not been out detecting in well over a month, maybe even longer. Constant rain and cold weather kept me in at the start of spring and my busy season has begun at work so time to myself is hard to come by.

Well, get out I did today. I went to a closed down school that I wasn't aware existed until last week when I helped my friend move into a home across the street from it. The very first observation I made was that I need to put my 5x8 coil on the AT Pro and go back. A ton of targets in the ground blending together.

My very first hit of the day rang in at 60 in all directions. 60 is crapshoot but I was in dig everything mode and out popped this matchbox that I would imagine was a souvenir from the World's Fair?

The only other targets of note was the monogrammed collar button and a 1940 wheatie.

Other than that, random pieces of metal, including a piece of wrench, and a buck something in clad.

More importantly, I GOT TO GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY!

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the day!

-Jay

052106.jpg 052106a.jpg 052106b.jpg 052106c.jpg 052106d.jpg 052106f.jpg

Upvote 15

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Match box is very cool. I have a 1893 Virginia state souvenir badge from the World's fair that I found awhile back. Looks like a great hunt [emoji106]

HH, Relic Nut

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find!! :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging the match case and the button. :occasion14: Nothing better than to swing the coil and pull some keepers.

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro, Tesoro Mojave, Garrett AT Pro, 5x8 DD, 15" NEL Attack, Garrett Pro-pointer, Pro Series 5x9 sand scoop, 30" Royal Compact sluice, 36" Bazooka Gold Trap, Gold Cube.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice assortment of finds congrats

Thank you! I'm not sure what to make of the field. It was a mix of finds for sure.

Match box is very cool. I have a 1893 Virginia state souvenir badge from the World's fair that I found awhile back. Looks like a great hunt [emoji106]

That sounds awesome. It seems like 1893 was heavy on the souvenirs. Glad we both own some!

HH, Relic Nut

Great find!! :occasion14:

Thank you! The real treasure was being out in the sun.

Wooo! That's pretty dang cool. Glad you didn't ding it with the digger!

Meeeeee tooooooo! I have been using either my 5x8 or my NEL for so long that I was concerned about my pinpointing ability. Definitely was digging wider than I needed to.

Congrats on digging the match case and the button. :occasion14: Nothing better than to swing the coil and pull some keepers.

I do love me my coins, but I am certainly more than happy with this mixed bag today! Thanks!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice finds! Congratualtions! :occasion14:

OP
OP
The Aluminum Monster

The Aluminum Monster

Mar 18, 2015
New Bedford, MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you! It was quite a surprise.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds. Thank you for sharing. I agree with you. It isn't always about the finds, just being out there makes it a good day.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a really cool find. Finds like that make this hobby fun. You just never know whats gonna come up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread