Ornate Bracelet? Brass.....Very Interesting

ericthedigger

Mar 2, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's MXTpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this little brass bracelet today in the woods. I'm guessing it was designed for a child because of it's small size. I've found items in this area dating back to the early 19th century including a large cent from 1803. I'm guessing it's from that time period. The little stone which was still intact fell out of the bezel a short time after I unearthed it. It appears almost turquoise green on the backside, but could it just be staining from the brass? I'm not sure but the top of the stone has heavy corrosion which leads me to believe it may not be a stone at all!? Help! The designs are very interesting as well. Any information offered would be greatly appreciated.....I've been on a bit of a cold streak lately so this was really fun today!!!! Sorry for the poor pictures, I haven't cleaned it so it was difficult to find the right light.
DSC05566.JPG DSC05567.JPG DSC05559.JPG DSC05561.JPG DSC05565.JPG DSC05564.JPG

Upvote 4

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's a 'tourist' bracelet. usually sold in souvenir shops or gas stations like the old 'Stuckey's' stores in the western states. the stone was most likely turquoise colored at least, can't say for sure if it was real or not.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat little find...probably not as old as you would like but cool nonetheless!

OP
OP
E

ericthedigger

Mar 2, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's MXTpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And that is why I posted it here! I'm going out looking for the real thing now. Still waiting on my first gold maybe this will be the year. Thanks everybody!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat bracelet. I recently found a little ring that looks to be made of the same metal, child size, also has the same crossed arrows and a few other things. Maybe from the same set?

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your bracelet find and thanks for sharing your pictures and story for all of us to view. Wishing your next find to be a gold bracelet while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

OP
OP
E

ericthedigger

Mar 2, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
White's MXTpro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose it could be. My initial thought was brass because of the color and its light-weight. I haven't cleaned it yet but when I do I'll take a closer look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread