Four hours of dirt fishing

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here's the dirt-fishing catch with the F-75 for the past week. Nothing too extrordinary. Found a Saka . . . Sackogew . . . U.S. dollar coin from 2000. That was a nice surprise. As was the aluminum "Good Luck Winner" that sure sounded nice when swept. The ring is copper and appears to have been enameled at one time. Fits my little finger and is not a common fractional inch size (I wondered if it might be a pipe fitting for a connector of some type).

Ended on a high note. Stopped by a "test" site - a former Catholic church desanctified and up for sale in a small town nearby. While my wife read and babysat the dog I took a quick pass on the lawn behind the building. 18¢ in clad and cents. Found three wheat cents - '45, '53 and '54 - in three consecutive holes within 20 feet in a little maple grove. Going back for a longer visit, you betcha. Where ther's wheats there could be silver.

Attachments

• HPIM0148.jpg
    HPIM0148.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have gotten used to the F-75 now...and ur right..where there are wheats there is probably "more better" stuff..HH

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie,
Congrats. Really like the Sack-A -Ja-Wee-Wee coin. ;D
-MM-

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great finds, now for the golden George.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Charlie P. (NY),

Nice group of finds.

"the dog I took a quick pass on the
lawn behind the building."
Had me worried for a second ;D

Thanks for posting.

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
Charlie P. (NY)

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
. . . "the dog I took a quick pass on the
lawn behind the building."
Had me worried for a second

Hmmmm. Truth be told, if THE ADMIRAL had I could have stayed a while longer. :D I offerred to come back and let her use my Musketeer but she wants no part of MD. Go figure??

Last time Jake and I want off on our own I near killed him (he passed out from the heat) so she doesn't trust me with him without adult supervision anymore. ;)

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice stuff. WTG HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread