rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
0527161753.jpg
So, one of my last posts was about a run in with the law. I mentioned I'd probably make the weekly paper and I was right. Doing no damage - correct. Making no money- um, mostly right. Two silver dimes might not have much monetary value but to me, priceless. Anyhow, I'm just hoping a city councilman doesn't see this and think( what? Someone's diggin up our city parks. We need to do something about this.) What do you do? By the way, got rained out at work today and had an hour to swing. Went to my closest spot and pull out a rosie. 0527161738.jpg

Attachments

• 0527161737.jpg
    0527161737.jpg
    372.1 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:
Upvote 18

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
City parks owned by the tax payers which is you Bet their dogs peeing and pooping all over the parks is ok. I have called the city and police there are no laws against metal detecting in Michigan I got a permit from parks and rec also. Keep swinging

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Don't do anything and don't ask anything about it either. Your name was not mentioned and the parks name was not mentioned either. As the oldc saying goes, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease." in this case the grease will land on the "SHAFT" ok. Think about it. PEACE:RONB

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just be careful to leave things where there are no visable damage ect This is why I do wooded areas old swimming holes and water wading because of people who have to complain ect

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow your famous. Can I have your silver dimes for keepsake? Good Luck and Happy Hunting

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the complainant would be the same person who flips you off for tapping your horn while they sit at a green light texting. no shortage of do^chebags on the planet :--)

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing someone complained, you were obviously digging up the city park. You would have had the entire park in 5 gallon buckets by at least noon.
Thanks for posting, had a good laugh...

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
after you dug the whole park up, where were you gonna put it?

OP
OP
rainorshine

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured I'd put it in my front lawn. I'm having trouble growing grass there.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW love the black hills, was out there on vacation last year

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe that the local newspaper would take the time to report such a thing, waste of time and ink. It does sound like a quaint little town where everyone knows your business.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So this was under the police blotter in the newspaper I presume? The making no money comment sure is not news worthy. Seems like you had a good peace keeper on the call instead of a revenue maker.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever happened to: "detectroist cleans park, and saves children & small animals from nasty sharp metal items, and saves the day!"....:what:

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says you weren't hurting anything and not making any money. Usually the people who complain about metal detecting are less worried about the damage and instead can't stand the idea that you might find something valuable and profit from it. These people are unhappy with themselves and are wretched. That's all the people who have given me a hard time anyway.

Keep hunting your parks my friend!

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The average person these days is so paranoid for all the wrong reasons. Reporting everything to the police and wasting their time over nonsense... meanwhile a bank gets robbed and by the time the cops get there the criminal is gone and forgotten.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
make sure they highlight the fact no damage was done to the park --thus the complaint was baseless...--and that he complainer is just a no life nosey ass

OP
OP
rainorshine

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. You had a whole article written? I did read your report on that incident. Unbelievable what people think we're doing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread