Nothing Great, But I did Pull a Couple Keepers

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out today determined to get another permission. :thumbsup: The First house I knocked at was a YES. :hello2: The house built in 1959. I was hoping for a silver Rosie or something. The only notable dig was a 43 cent pocket spill. (top half of the pic) if you're keeping score. The lady who lived there was getting ready to mow the front yard, so I stopped detecting and plan on going back in the future.

I noticed an older gentleman across the street weeding a flower bed. So I moseyed on over and struck up a conversation. After a few minutes I was given permission to hunt his yard. :thumbsup:
The house was built in the 1920s. My 1st keeper was a 1919 Canadian cent, dug in the front yard. Along the side of the house I dug the pocket watch frame. I did not finish the yard's 1st grid today. Again if you are keeping score it's the lower half of the pic minus the quarter at the bottom.

It just rained for about 15 minutes so the yard will be better for digging good plugs in the morning.

I know the day's finds are nothing great, but better than my last 2 days digging (last weekend).

Today's Notables

20160528_163054.jpg

All Today's Digs (less trash)

20160528_163006.jpg

Last weekend, I just din't feel it when it comes to knocking on doors so I went to some public parks and schools both Saturday & Sunday. Hey the clad adds up.

Last weekends digs

Last Saturday

20160520_173232.jpg

Last Sunday

20160521_162306.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Last edited:
Upvote 30

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like a good day and lots of targets. Just getting a couple new permissions would have made my day. I went door knocking yesterday and the first three that I got an answer owned metal detectors themselves?
Good luck tomorrow..

Thanks DS I sure dug a lot of trash yesterday, enough to fill a gallon can, but that comes with the hobby.

Good job on the permissions. You made a lot of good finds, my fav being the Canadian large cent. For me those are a rare find!

Thanks JC I love it when people are outside and they are easily approachable. Hoping for a silver or 2 during today's hunts.

Thanks Casper.

Glad you're digging. Weather finally broke here so works been crazy but I'm going somewhere this morning.
Thanks for sharing LD. Great finds!!

HH, Relic Nut

Thanks RN, good luck digging today.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loco, I see some great hunts there, my friend. You will have to get one of those old black, plastic wheel-shaped cases for all of your Hot Wheels! I dug for 7 HOURS straight yesterday at schools with High Expectations. Result...Low Yield (clad only.) Chalk it up to exercise on a beautiful day! Happy Hunting, Sub 8-)

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the cap gun . I don't find many whole ones . Good hunt with lots of targets . Keep it low and slow and let that clad add up

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like good huntin to me!
Silver is just waiting for you..

Was just told by someone they were looking for steam punk artsy crafty stuff again.
Already donated watch guts , but have a gallon bag of stuff that they could sort through for re-purpose goodies.
Neat that so many recoveries can find happy new owners.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the permissions. Can be a hunt of their own just to obtain sometimes. I really like the watch frame.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cap guns, hot wheels and an awesome watch cover, enough to make me happy, especially this year.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I love that Canadian penny! I'd love to dig one myself (not likely in Mississippi :tongue3:). Congratz on a good day of swinging!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you did all right. As long as you enjoy the hunt it doesn't matter.

I know what you mean about "not feelin' it". I totally get it.

I actually forced myself to ask for a permission at a long abandoned house today and got it but sometimes it feels good to just go somewhere and start swinging without having to ask permission, explain yourself or answer questions.

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome story and great finds. Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread