Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Installed a kitchen floor in the morning and had to push myself to go out in the heat for a hunt. There was a pile of dirt in the park just teasing me.........
From 1900 to 1920, there was a roller coaster on the site that was being excavated and currently is the site of Bowman Field (since 1926).........

528 Park Hunt.jpg

You can see why this pile of dirt was just beckoning..........and the heat be hanged!!!
After 1 1/2 hours of sweeping and digging every little hiccup, I finally snagged this little critter..........

528 Buffalo Obv.jpg 528 Buffalo Rev.jpg

There was another item in that pile (for the glass/bottle lovers)............

528 Hurr's Bottle.jpg

This is an 8 oz. Hurr's Dairy bottle (not sure of the date). Not damaged!! Funny thing......I stopped by the house to drop off my 2 items and went to get gas. By the time I returned, my wife had that bottle rinsed off and mostly cleaned!! :laughing7: She was doing a final soak with dish water before final cleaning.........I think she wants it for herself...............

Upvote 7
OP
OP
C

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, art........

Finally got a date on the Buffalo........1929...........

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first buffalo!! Now you'll find a couple more before the year is over. Lol

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Make a deal with her. She can have the old bottle if you can have a new detector. :laughing7: :occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on digging the Buffalo and cool milk bottle. :occasion14: Don't cha love it when you have a feeling and it directs you to the spot of recovering an old coin? :thumbsup: You can check that one off the bucket list.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread