Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Little did I know we were detecting in shifts today.

Had to get my hunt in early today. Made it to the park and was detecting by 7:30. Three hours was enough time to come up with some keeper coins and relics.

I focused on weaker, repeatable signals over 70 VDI and had some good results. There were three paired finds in separate holes: a 1936 Buffalo and 1944 wheat, two broken pieces of what appears to be part of a pocket watch, and two pieces of a lady's brooch or hairpiece.

On my way out, swinging by the north side of the park, I see Brad and another detectorist getting geared up for a day's hunt. Hope they had a good go of it today.
Finds.jpg

Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had an enjoyable 3 hrs. Congrats on digging those keepers. :occasion14: I'm due for a Buffalo or an Indian Head.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY DIG NICE LOOKING PEICE TO A VICTORIAN SASH BUCKLE ??, BE NEAT TO FIND OTHER HALF.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Sutphin! The piece looks like it may have been held with a back pin. Too bad the other piece was not in hole. Looks like it was sliced by an old mower.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks L-D! All these older nickels are coming through as a high tone. I can understand that if there's something else in the hole. Not sure why this is, but it's working for Buffs in this little section.

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Art. Looks like I'll keep concentrating on these parts of the park that are on the south side. Think they've not gotten much detectorist attention. The Victorian piece from Sunday AM hunt shows there are still older items to be found. Outside of the noted "fill dirt" areas, the soil if dark and somewhat sandy.

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...looks like a lot still left in there...at least a few more nickels!

OP
OP
McCDig

McCDig

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2015
Baltimore, Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks romeo-1! 6 Buffs in 7 days. That's the great aspect of detecting. There's always a surprise coming your way on the next dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions