Naruhina

May 25, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver (Used)
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I Got off work and gone out to eat, Got home just before Dark to test on my MD for the first time. Within 5 Minutes of going through my Yard I got this.

13342022_10153448086756455_1125996590_n.jpg

Had to stop though because the Mosquitoes were coming out in Swarms. Not exactly the best, But I just wanted to share my first lil Treasure with everyone :P

Upvote 12

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gotta start somewhere & looks you are off to a great one & congrats. Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures of your first finds & wish you many more while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, and congrats on your first finds. If you put the time into learning your machine you WILL find good stuff.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice start. Patience, and the good stuff will show up before you know it.

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY NEW MEMBER WELCOME , AND I MYSELF HAVE FOUND MANY A SPARK PLUG LIKE YOURS CAUSE MY PROPERTY USED TO BE AN OLE JUNKYARD .

Hammer Stone

May 19, 2016
Deep Woods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Got something on your first try. Since joining the forum I'm really getting the bug to get my first MD. I've got access to some old home sites & would love to explore them with a MD.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can only echo what everyone else has said.....keep diggin! When I first started with my machine, my yard went from the best on the block, to what looked like a battleground. You'll find the good stuff. Just keep going. Good luck!

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Feed that bug. Get a detector. Homesites produce some amazing relics.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty neat to have a machine that will tell you there's something metal lurking under the grass and dirt, huh? Never knew you were walking, mowing bbqing, playing with all that under your feet. Next you'll be making sure that yard is a "metal free zone"!! Keep swingin' and diggin'.........you'll be amazed at the goodies awaiting you.............

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will soon be making us all jealous. Florida has a lot to offer a hunter. History, a large population. But best of all you have a steady influx of donors ( tourists ). Welcome and good luck.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 1st digs. I recommend that you throw a few coins of different denominations on the ground and swing your coil over them so you can learn your detectors language. Also swing your coil and gradually raise it up until your detector stops speaking to you. This will give you an idea of the depth a certain target will be detected. In the future you will know how deep the target is in most cases. For instance, let's say a quarter can be detected at 7 inches. When you swing over the target and continually raise your coil while swinging, you raise it to 5 inches and it id barely beeping you now know the target is approximately 2 inches down in the soil.

Good Luck, I am looking forward to seeing your 1st coins posted.

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You seem to have a good attitude and that goes a long way in determining whether this passion is really for you....and I gotta feeling we will be hearing more from you, I think you got the good tude.Welcome BTW.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum and hobby, keep at it! :occasion14:

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet firsts! It gets better. Thanks for the pics.

Tell us what type of MD you're using. You'll likely get more tips and pointers about using your new equipment.

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Practice, practice, and practice some more! The key for you right now is to get out and dig a ton of targets. If I were you I'd start with a lot of discrimination for the first 15 or 20 hours and then I'd start using less and less as you start to learn the language of you detector. There is an old saying, "keep your coil low and slow". Learning proper detecting technique will bring you more finds.

Back in the mid 70's or early 80's I saw a magazine ad for a white's Coin Master metal detector. I bought one and quickly became frustrated because I didn't take the time to learn it. It soon disappeared into the back of my closet never to be seen again. I kick myself every time I think about it. I didn't buy another detector until 1999.

The bottom line is practice often, be patient, don't get frustrated, and just have fun.

HH Randy

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on your first detector. what the guys said above practice and learn your machine and you will enjoy this hobbie!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread