Street tear out goodies

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Still hunting street tear out downtown, more toasted Injuns, cannot get a date on any of them,:BangHead: though I am pretty sure one is a fatty:laughing7: 102_8680.JPG 102_8688.JPG The pocket watch part is marked Home Watch Co. 0529160806.jpg 0529160807.jpg 0529160807a.jpg

Upvote 14

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG Coop. I'd be sure to detect the edges where the curbs were. That's where I pulled a Ben Franklin half last year in my town's street tear out.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice saves, way better than my luck. Street work up here just means they pull the top layer and leave the older tar underneath. I hit two last year and only managed a toasted wheat and a marble. All the real nice beeps were still under the next layer of tar...ticked me off!

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home Watch Co would have been an early Waltham Watch Co part. Looks like an 18 size plate.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Street tear-outs are time capsules, really.
Revealing only what they want you to find.
Don't worry, you'll find more - go for it! :thumbsup:

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they start scraping the tops off those median strips in between the walkway and the sidewalk you will find some nice coins that aren't toasted. Keep at it!

PBS

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they start scraping the tops off those median strips in between the walkway and the sidewalk you will find some nice coins that aren't toasted. Keep at it!

PBS

Between the "roadway" and the sidewalk.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

PBS

Big condo project coming soon! Demo of the old YMCA was a year ago, been hunting the curb strips,with good results, until they removed these streets. Some will be abandoned.

OP
OP
cooper1841

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Home Watch Co would have been an early Waltham Watch Co part. Looks like an 18 size plate.

Thanks John....wish this plate had the serial number, just stamped Home Watch Co.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread