F75DST - The Largest Penny That Ive Ever Found

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
F75DST - The Largest Penny That I've Ever Found

I decided to hunt an older part town today to see what I could dig up. I found a bunch of wheat pennies, one a 1918 s, and another a 1918. I finally got my search coil over a deep 1941 Mercury dime to add to my silver coin count.

I thought that I had my search coil over a silver dollar, but it turned out to be a penny the size of a hubcap. This heat and dew is just awful! The ground is still soft though. I'm going to take a few days off from detecting.

My F75DST detector settings: 9.0, Sensitivity 85, JE Mode, 4H Tones, Disc Level 5, GB 67.

This was my 64th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 190. I just need ten more by the end of June.

tabman

F75DST%201941%20Dime%20001_zpskl2gjfqz.jpg

F75DST%201941%20Dime%20004_zpsqsaxrlbv.jpg

F75DST%201941%20Dime%20009_zpseq4daumz.jpg

F75DST%201941%20Dime%20006_zpsrkdohmci.jpg

Upvote 13

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your 41 Merc - wheaties and other collectibles- thanks for sharing your pictures & wish you the best of luck on scoring ten more silvers before the end of June.

Texas ED

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on your silver count. I found one of the large pennies before, except mine was the 1877 Indian Head. I think they were sold as a novelty set and used for table coasters to put your drinks on.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow tabman that has got to be the biggest Penny that I have ever seen. I was thinking that maybe you pulled a LC from your title. Congrats on keeping the streak alive and representing us Fisher users.

Happy Memorial Day

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job, and that's quite the penny lol

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one huge zincoln - complete with pitting and exposed zinc :thumbsup:

It's going to get hot next week so this week I'm researching some places we can hit...

Worm-Slicer

Jan 6, 2013
SouthwestVirginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Never seen a zinc giant penny . I have a copper one that big somewhere I got as a kid. Don't remember where I got it.

Alchemist

Feb 8, 2014
Badger State
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum Pro w/11" coil, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202, Garret ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought that I had my search coil over a silver dollar, but it turned out to be a penny the size of a hubcap...

VDB...? Seriously, though, damn nice job on that silver count.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll bet that giant penny returned one heck of signal! Nice coin finds, and good luck in meeting your June goal!

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on silver! Now if you could only find a Mercury as big as that penny! :laughing7:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow tabman that has got to be the biggest Penny that I have ever seen. I was thinking that maybe you pulled a LC from your title. Congrats on keeping the streak alive and representing us Fisher users.

Happy Memorial Day
Thanks!

Congrats on some nice finds and that huge cent
Thanks!

Nice job, and that's quite the penny lol
Thanks!

That's one huge zincoln - complete with pitting and exposed zinc :thumbsup:

It's going to get hot next week so this week I'm researching some places we can hit...
Thanks! I'll rest up so I can try to keep up with you when you arrive back in town.

I thought that I had my search coil over a silver dollar, but it turned out to be a penny the size of a hubcap...

VDB...? Seriously, though, damn nice job on that silver count.
Thanks! I've had a lot of luck on my side.

I'll bet that giant penny returned one heck of signal! Nice coin finds, and good luck in meeting your June goal!
Thanks! The June heat around here sucks!

Congratz on silver! Now if you could only find a Mercury as big as that penny! :laughing7:
Thanks! I had one those days like you did when you came to Memphis to hunt with me.

Now that's a BIG PENNY.
Congrats on the silver and wheat.
I'm getting into the water. lol
Thanks! Detecting in the water sure sounds cool!

tabman

doninbrewster

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2013
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you a Fisher metal detector dealer?

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you a Fisher metal detector dealer?

No, I'm retired. I enjoy using a lot of different detectors and brands. Right now, I'm rolling with a F75DST. Earlier in the year I was on fire with my modded Tesoro Cibola finding both silver coins and gold rings. I'm getting the urge to take a different detector for a spin. Stay tuned!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread