Memorial Day 10K GOLD Class Ring, a Little SILVER & Even a Buff.....

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't hunted a whole lot lately because like last year we had almost a solid month of rain but I did manage to get out a couple of times over the weekend.

I hunted an old schoolyard yesterday for about an hour before more rain came but I did manage to find a 1943 War/Old Dude Nickel and an undated Buffalo.......

Memorial Day 2016 Silver, Gold & Kinda' Old 003.JPG

I went out this morning and hit another Middle school I've hunted in the past where I always dig lots of nickels for some reason as well as many pull tabs. I wasn't there 15 minutes and after digging a few pull tabs and two nickels I got a solid 59, which could have been another pull tab or nickel but instead turned out to be another beautiful 10K class ring and ring # 65.

Here it is as I found it......

Memorial Day 2016 Silver, Gold & Kinda' Old 001.JPG

And after a little Dawn and warm water......

Memorial Day 2016 Silver, Gold & Kinda' Old 002.JPG

This looks like a ladies ring. It's from Mergenthaler Vocational Technical High School in Baltimore, ( also known as "Mervo") class of 1984.
I thought at first that it had a name on it; "John Roberts" but that's the actual maker of the ring. I thought it was a little strange that a man's name was on a ladies ring. I've also learned that the company no longer exists but they were bought out by ArtCarved jewelry in Austin, TX.

It looks like it had some initials but all that's left is the letter "V". I'll see what I can come up with as far as tracking down the owner goes with one initial. I may be able to work with that.

I also have a bunch of clad that I haven't even rinsed off yet and a bunch of silver plate spoons and other stuff from a few sporadic hunts in between rain showers over the last few weeks. I just haven't gotten around to getting pics of those yet but I will sooner or later.

So anyway, I was really happy with the couple of coins from yesterday and more than happy with another class ring today.

That's about it for now.
Thanks for looking and HH........

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds, congrats on the gold ring

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude you are sure getting your moneys worth out of that Omega. Congrats on the 3 keepers, especially the ring. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dude you are sure getting your moneys worth out of that Omega. Congrats on the 3 keepers, especially the ring. :occasion14:

Well you know how it works. Detectors pay for themselves sooner or later. The only requirement is you have to get out and use them.

But seriously I do LOVE the Omega so far. I don't think I'm leaving much behind these days. The only complaint I have is that it's really sensitive to EMI. Two of my sites are in close proximity to cell towers and I do pick up some interference sometimes. The good news is even though it may chatter a bit, it still functions perfectly. At my other sites I've had zero problems and can usually run it wide open; except when aircraft pass over.

Overall I think it's definitely a great machine.

Last edited:

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done G424!

I have never found a 10K class ring, and want to so badly.

OP
OP
Garrett424

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very well done G424!

I have never found a 10K class ring, and want to so badly.

Believe it or not, this is my 4th 10K class ring and I found one "valadium" class ring, which is supposedly "high end" stainless.
I still remember that Girl Scout ring you found that turned out to be gold filled . I hate plated and filled rings. They're so disappointing.

But I've found every one of my class rings on either baseball or soccer fields including this one; right on the soccer sidelines. People are always dropping stuff on the sidelines including lots of trash. I found one near the pitchers mound but that one was one of those strong intuitive hits. I literally walked right to it and dug it up. It's so freaky when that happens but amazing too.

I get tired of hunting fields sometimes but if you persist you can sometimes get lucky.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread