Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it doesn't take much to make me happy. Yesterday's hunt is what I'm talking about. I took the DEUS to an old park that has given up some nice silver coins in the past. I'm still learning about the DEUS and it's different capabilities. It has 4 different frequencies that you can run it in. (If you want to install your own program.) It also comes with 10 different programs that run on different frequencies. It is important for me to remember which frequency I'm running on. If I change the frequency, I change the I.D. numbers of the target.
(Same Target, Different Frequency, Different I.D. Number)
My second target of the hunt, gave me a deep 84 as well as a 92. Separately, this would be an Indian Head Penny, and/or a silver dime. There was also a 98. That number indicates iron. I was able to isolate the 92 target which led me to believe that I had multiple targets. Only one way to find out. Out of the 8 to 10 inch hole comes 3 pennies. An 1899 Indian Head, and 2 Wheat Pennies, (13 & 17). I rechecked the hole with my Garrett Carrot and then my pile of dirt. Sure enough, out of the pile came a 1911 Barber Dime. Also in the pile was an old rusted pocket knife. That explains the "98" signal. I stayed on that hill for at least another hour. I did manage to pull a crusty, no date Buffalo Nickel that has a nice gash in it and a crusty button that is soaking in oil. Other than that, it was time to move on.

IMG_4324.JPG IMG_4320.JPG

IMG_4319.JPG IMG_4318.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4321.JPG

Never knew that it would only take 13 cents to give me a smile from ear to ear.

Last edited:
Upvote 29

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mighty good IH - wheaties - Barber dime & buffalo nickel fines & congrats, thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us. Wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, congrats on a sweet looking barber dime. Isn't it fun to pull a silver from an iron infested spot? The Deus sort of really clicked for me when I found a Barber dime in a similar situation. I thought I had an iffy signal, so for fun I switched disc to 0.0 and then the good target came to life amongst the iron.

What program are you running?

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice, congrats on a sweet looking barber dime. Isn't it fun to pull a silver from an iron infested spot? The Deus sort of really clicked for me when I found a Barber dime in a similar situation. I thought I had an iffy signal, so for fun I switched disc to 0.0 and then the good target came to life amongst the iron.

What program are you running?

Program 3,, Deus Fast

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's a great $.13 to me!, awesome finds

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
appears the rotten apple has some great parks for hunting---keep a bolo for Mayor DeDumbo___he will want to tax your digs :---(

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Amazin'" (yep, I went there:laughing7:) that there are still those kinds of goodies to be found in and around NYC........considering there's more concrete than open spaces........
Great gets, atw..........!!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job I would be very happy with those finds. I was thinking of deuse or etrac

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll take a 13 cent hunt like that any day ATW. Congrats for being astute enough to dig that plug that produced the keepers. :occasion14:

OP
OP
against the wind

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Amazin'" (yep, I went there:laughing7:) that there are still those kinds of goodies to be found in and around NYC........considering there's more concrete than open spaces........
Great gets, atw..........!!!

Yep lots of concrete,
Our Metal Detecting Permit gives us access to 162 parks and 13 beaches.
The Bronx has the largest park. They say it contains 2,771 acres. In Queens County there is the Kissena Corridor which brings together 2,816 acres of parkland. The park I hunted yesterday has 585 acres.
I only mentioned 6 parks. There are 156 more. Plus I have permits to hunt in all 62 Counties in New York State.
Yep, lots of concrete. lol

Last edited:

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent 13 cents!

aj

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the very nice finds- 13 was a lucky number for you for sure!!

-- Jeff --

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Silver, IH, & wheats!
Congrats! Now thats quality!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tremendous finds! You are a hard working New Yorker! :skullflag:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread