Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out late afternoon after thunderstorms moved through to my new hunting areas. After finding a few memorials, Jefferson nickel, pulltabs and junk with my DEUS I got kind of a broken quarter reading. Quarter reading? Keep in mind Target ID numbers with the DEUS are not very accurate in salt water areas, at least with my experience. Nevertheless I decided to dig a hole hoping for a silver quarter, when pin pointing I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a gold rimmed and during my excitement I called my friend Don-in-Brewster (TNET member) and told him what I found!

I was so excited I couldn't concentrate on detecting, kept going for an hour longer, managed to find a subway token, I guess, who cares..... I found a FREAKIN GOLD COIN!

I don't know what else to write, I'm so excited and happy to share this excitement. I put the coin back in the hole for a photo to show how deep it was. Enjoy the photos.

Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351446.495015.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351466.850720.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351478.265929.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351492.403848.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351511.204819.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351526.894451.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1465351549.739668.jpg

Upvote 139

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:
OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So THAT'S where I lost it! ...And I can prove it's mine - see? I'm covering my eyes - now I'll describe it. It's GOLD! Yep, that's mine! :laughing7:

Have your knees stopped quivering yet?!?!?

LOL Think I'm still shaking ! Thanks for replying

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is incredible, , 81 at 18hz on the DEUS is a pulltab. You are on an unbelievable run of great finds. Good for you.
You better keep that new spot a secret.
I'm really happy for you,, BANNER

Thanks Kevin !!! I'm really stoked ! BTW the three gold class rings I found in the past all rang up as pull tabs, I often wonder how many gold items I may have passed up when I got tired of digging pull tabs???

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man, what a dreamy coin find. It's a beauty, I bet you're ecstatic! Also thank you for posting the VDI on the Deus.

Banner time

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
A gold coin is the "hole in one" holy grail find of md'rs. You are now officially a stud-muffin ! congratz .

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Kevin !!! I'm really stoked ! BTW the three gold class rings I found in the past all rang up as pull tabs, I often wonder how many gold items I may have passed up when I got tired of digging pull tabs???

Check it with the CTX and see what kind of numbers you get.

seychik

Nov 3, 2011
Denver Metro, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I am FREAKIN happy for you. Finding a gold coin has to be amazing! Your coin is special, gold is always special, but also since it is different than most coins as the coin is incuse (stamped) with the letters and designs sunken below the field of the coin. Most coins use relief with the designs rising above the field of the coin. Gold is always welcome and a great thing to see when digging any signal. Congrats!!! Banner all the way.
Cindy

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always dig those quarters. Unless they read **** after I open the hole> great find brother.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HFS!!! I am so jealous_____and glad we are best buddies>>>>>I mean congrats :--) banner vote in

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure you should focus on numbers with the Deus. I dig all over 10s. We are trash finders, not treasure hunters.:thumbsup:

Congrats on the gold coin find - looks great!

Funny, we were just discussing not long ago how a good find often distracts you from a longer (normal) hunt time.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that, I do believe, is one fine $5 dollar coin! I know you work very hard detecting and that undoubtedly contributed to you scoring that sweetheart. Congrats bud

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A long string of saliva is hanging from my mouth its called drool. Thats right im drooling. Unbelievable. im going to use the image of that coin for motivation today. When I figure out how to nominate somthing for banner yours will be it. Great job. !!!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats DD. That is the find of a lifetime. Just WOW!

OP
OP
Diggin Dude

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure you should focus on numbers with the Deus. I dig all over 10s. We are trash finders, not treasure hunters.:thumbsup:

Congrats on the gold coin find - looks great!

Funny, we were just discussing not long ago how a good find often distracts you from a longer (normal) hunt time.

I have been finding more "keepers" with DEUS when I tend to go by sound and repeatable signals rather than the target ID numbers. I'll be coming to England in October with Chicago Ron's group, I hope to find some cool stuff there. Thanks for reply and your inspirational threads, your finds are awesome.

Eastcoasthunter21

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2015
New York/Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DEUS ALL THE WAY
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy $hit That's killer killer killer !!!
Man you must have been stoked
I would have flipped my lid finding that
Great coin enjoy your coin display it proudly
Hh gl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread