Weekends "Headscratcher," and Every Thundercloud Has a Silver Lining....

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weekend's "Headscratcher," and Every Thundercloud Has a Silver Lining....

I got out to some local schools including one that was new to me. It is actually only a five year old elementary school. So why did I find a 56 year old relic buried six inches under the bark in the playground? :icon_scratch: A truly "What the heck?" moment for me, as the only other items in the playground bark were modern clad coins! I present to you a 1960 Presidential Campaign button for the Republican Party featuring holographic photos of Richard Nixon and Henry Lodge. It even had the original clasp and pin and a stamped seal of the state of California on the reverse! Hence, my headscratching...
Nixon4.JPG Nixon6.JPG Nixon7.JPG

And from the "Diecast Empire", three cars including a 1980's Batmobile.

Nixon9.JPG

From the "Every Child Is A Winner" department, and "Mom, I Lost Another Neckerchief Slide" department...

Nixon8.JPG

Rounding up the Kiddie Bling n' Ring harvest, inluding a "keeper."

Nixon3.JPG

And while dancing in the thunderstorm and dodging lightning strikes, I pulled this little beauty, yet another "Hang Ten" style sterling ring from the edge of a paved walkway and the grass. It is marked .925 with initials and rang up a 79-80 VDI on the ATPro at 3" down. I scrambled to the truck after digging it!

Nixon1.JPG Nixon2.JPG

Thanks for checking in on the old Sub, I wish all of my TNet friends Happy and Productive Hunting this week. Sub 8-)

Upvote 28

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like all of your cornucopia finds - I wore hang ten shirts and shorts when I was a lot younger (go figure) - "CONGRATS" on your rings - toy cars - buttons and other finds. Thank for sharing your pictures and story with us all and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fiahing.

Texas ED

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That assortment made for a very interesting hunt! Thanks for sharing, and congrats!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Nice silver ring!

Looks like somebody got into grandpa's pin collection and took it to school for show and tell.

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Nixon button is a very cool find-looks like you had some fun.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be very happy with a hunt like that.. Great job.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all of your cornucopia finds - I wore hang ten shirts and shorts when I was a lot younger (go figure) - "CONGRATS" on your rings - toy cars - buttons and other finds. Thank for sharing your pictures and story with us all and I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fiahing.

Texas ED

I'm with you Ed, Hang Ten was very popular out on the west coast where I grew up too! Best of Luck out there. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds! Nice silver ring!

Looks like somebody got into grandpa's pin collection and took it to school for show and tell.

MSBB. my thoughts EGG ZACK LEE!!!! Grandpa's gonna put a padlock on his shed door after this loss...Sub 8-)

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find the darndest things in elementary school lots. Kids bring in weird stuff in their pockets for show-n-tell, I think. A little bouncing at recess, and it finds it's way out of the pocket and into the bark or grass.

I've found a Winston Churchill British Crown, foreign coins from pretty much EVERYwhere, a $5 token for a grocery store that was 20+ years old, and toys that were clearly belonging to an older generation that were passed down.

I too prefer the silver, but sometimes "Fun" is just too fun! Congrats on the cool historical memorabilia.

Skippy,

It is this shared insight on human nature, especially mini-humans, that keeps our treasure pouchs full. All we have to do is labor, sweat, sometimes bleed to dig it all up! Love those schools...Sub 8-)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MSBB. my thoughts EGG ZACK LEE!!!! Grandpa's gonna put a padlock on his shed door after this loss...Sub 8-)

One of these days we'll find out the tots got into gramp's shinny yellow coins! :D

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice mix of finds!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thunder out there wasn't only coming from the skies!

Excellent saves!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great haul! And also a great write-up!! Your post is very pleasant to read. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Subterranean

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great haul! And also a great write-up!! Your post is very pleasant to read. :thumbsup:

Thank you KCM, I am nothing if not ambiguously entertaining and passive-aggressively enlightening! (I actually was digging "in lightning," but got scared off...) Sub 8-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread