DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and I went out to a park in the area. It is only her second time out digging all her own finds. For the first 1/2 hour I had 1 dime and 4 nickels and she had 5 quarters. She started to poop out after 45 minutes so we rested a bit. She was doing a number on me until I found a pocket spill of 80 cents. In the end She found $2.05 and I found $ 2.68.
There was a summer camp going on and all the kids were amazed at her finding the money..I think they enjoyed watching her just as much as I did.

Enjoy the pics.... DPSB & Daughter

Attachments

• Rosemont 6-28-07 002.jpg
    Rosemont 6-28-07 002.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 585
  • Rosemont 6-28-07 003.jpg
    Rosemont 6-28-07 003.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 587
  • Rosemont 6-28-07 004.jpg
    Rosemont 6-28-07 004.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 594
Upvote 0

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250
Way to go Bob! Quality time with the kid, priceless. We don't have many sand filled tot lots here, only one I can think of. Great digs. :D

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Nice digging DPSB and McKenna, It's great taking the little ones out hunting, it can be just as inspiring as the finds. Nice job. HH Jim

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Nice job McKenna!! :D I am really glad you were able to spend time with your daughter doing something you love Bob.....a lot of dads don't understand what quality time with daddy means to a girl! Hope you have LOTS of great trips out!

R

RUDY2003

Real nice day Bob and Mckenna!
I love diggin those playgrounds too....

Keep safe...

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Cool post SilverBob. Enjoyed reading it!! Thanks!

Congrats to both of you on your finds today, keep em coming!!

Smiles!
BDoo

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Great post. It really is something special between father and daughter. Keep em coming!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
Yesterday I had the pleasure of going out detecting with Jeffro. My soon to be stepdaughter came along and I handed her my old Bounty hunter Prospector. Her eyes got all big and she smiled huge...She was totally content to find rusty nails and a nickel on the beach. Lastnight she asked when WE were going out again. She just turned eleven and I am very happy she enjoyed herself. It is SO nice to see other parents involving their kids.
My hat goes off to you and I wish you BOTH the very best of luck!

Regards
~Nash~

artemis moon

Jun 1, 2007
Near Bangor, Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Nash-

I have been thinking for a long time that it would be marvelous to have a club for parents and children who MD together. I think it's such a great thing for parents and kids to do with one another-the kids can really learn valuable lessons about the past and history and the outdoors, all the while spending time with the folks. A club would be a good way for like-minded parents and kids to meet too!

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go. Enjoy being with your children all you can.
Dman

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a great Dad to spent that quality time with her! :) She growing into a beautiful young lady! I remember last year when you took her out to hunt.
Congratulations on your finds McKenna and Bob and good luck on your return! :)

Nana :)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
artemis moon said:
Hey Nash-

I have been thinking for a long time that it would be marvelous to have a club for parents and children who MD together. I think it's such a great thing for parents and kids to do with one another-the kids can really learn valuable lessons about the past and history and the outdoors, all the while spending time with the folks. A club would be a good way for like-minded parents and kids to meet too!
I could not agree more. Just like this original post is , to me, plain wonderful. I see some great family values and it always wins my respect as the world has lost so much due to the lack of parenting. I guess a simple post like this one just gives me a bit of hope for our future. Our children are just that!

~Nash~

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Nothing better than quality time with your kids. The memories last a lifetime.

I had a thought about your first picture, a caption contest. Mckenna appears to be saying something, but what could it be.....

Bet you would get loads of replies.

LOL.

Happy Hunting to both of you.

Ray S

OP
OP
DPBOB

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you ALL for the replies

We had a nice time out... I ask her a lot of times if she wants to go and today she said sure..That put a smile on my face.. I guess it depends on her mooooooood .... I wish it was more times, but she is still young... Slowly working it in....

Thanks again ALL...........................DPSB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread