Interesting find, need help with ID please

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So we had a torrential downpour and suffered some wind damage to trees in our yard. Shortly after the rain cleared and it was much cooler outside. I remembered someone saying that when the ground is damp sometimes the signals are better so I decided to go out to the "iron field" homestead for a short hunt before supper. I had a signal that was kind of iffy but I decided to dig it anyway...Just in case. Well I'm glad I did. I might add this is the same location, within probably 10 feet of where my husband found his first Mercury and Barber. That is why I picked this particular portion of the field to detect. Any way, at first I thought it was a button because it had so much dirt and mud on it from the days rain. I was stoked that it was not iron...LOL. It was a good 6 inches deep and actually took me a bit to find it bc the mud was sticking all together and sticking to the pro pointer. So I got home.and cleaned it up. My husband and I suspect it may be part of a ring or brooch. Given the looks of the back of it we are leaning towards a ring but we have no clue. As I was rubbing the mud off I noticed some of the sheen...Golden color...was coming off and it was reddish color underneath. Sooo I stopped cleaning it bc I don't want to do further damage! It has an interesting center. Don't know if its glass or stone or what :dontknow:???:icon_scratch: Any info you could give would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for reading and HH!
20160616_230034.jpg 20160616_230026.jpg 20160616_230018.jpg

Upvote 3
OP
OP
KyDigNQueen

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, two attachment points. One is broken off.Thanks for looking!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread