"BIG" gold! and I mean BIG hehe!! at least for me it is!

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED: "BIG" gold! and I mean BIG hehe!! at least for me it is!

UPDATE: an Ave. mens bracelet is 7 1/2 in. mine is 8 3/4 in. considered 3x large... added more pics and a person on another forum told me that the banded links are a copyrighted band from tiffany... so it may be a tiffany bracelet, i see some marking in an obscure place on the piece they look very worn my eyes are bad even with glasses and i cant see what it says lol I will try to get a pic.

This the biggest and most amount of gold I have found at one time, It was completely unexpected a friend and I were detecting for 3 hours and other than an old spoon and loads of shotgun shells nothing else was being found, We walk up this trail along a creek , we were hot, sweaty, and tired, he is a newbie and was getting frustrated and I was explaining to him we are in an area where good finds have been found in the past its an old area that's been heavily populated since the 1680's and there's always a possibility to find something good... 10 ft later I get another perfect shotgun shell reading on my Whites DFX 300 it was bouncing between 18-20 on my VDI and for some reason on this day the shotgun shells were mostly in that same VDI area, I looked at him and said "see here's another shotgun shell 2-3 inch down I'm tired, and hot but screw I'm gonna dig it anyway! you just never know" that is exactly what i said to him... he was only a few feet from me I dig the hole and right away I saw the gold... I looked at him and said OMG its gold!! as soon as I picked it up and it kept coming out the ground the first thing I realized was how heavy it was!!
I took it gold buyers first thing I told them its not for sale I just want to know weight and value, it is 77.76 grams 14k gold... they said its near $1800.00 in gold content alone. I took it to a local jeweler he said its at least 60-90 years old the style of the clamp hasn't been used since the mid 1950's... he said its not your standard men's bracelet that its a well made custom piece that is very expensive to reproduce. at this point I'm making plans to have it appraised.... he wouldn't give me a value but did say this to me which I thought was very interesting.. he told me if someone came in to his shop and ordered to have him custom make that exact bracelet because of how much gold, the uniqueness of the bracelet, and the time it would take him to design and make it he would charge no less than $12,000 to make the same style of bracelet.
Now for all you naysayer's out there I'm not saying its absolutely worth $12,000 but i sure like to dream... don't you!! and by the way I think its worth 12 million dollars!! ;)

All items found and kept are by permission from property owners.

Attachments

• IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 308
  • FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    232 KB · Views: 314
  • FullSizeRender(5).jpg
    FullSizeRender(5).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 330
  • FullSizeRender(6).jpg
    FullSizeRender(6).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2736.JPG
    IMG_2736.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 71

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats sir on some serious vintage bling!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unbelievable that someone could lose that monster in the dirt!

What a night they must have had.

:icon_thumleft: Outstanding golden score! :icon_thumright:

A bit 'To Heavy' I suppose. lol

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MAN A SUPER FIND!!!!
Getting all those Darn Shot-Gun Hulls out of the ground Really paid off.

That makes me wanna go hunt NOW! but it 90+ Degrees & the humidity is kinda high. Hmmmm.

Ill bet your "Nubee" buddy was a bit ticked , but happy for you.

Banner IMO
Davers

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold, goold, gooold ...... oops got carried away there . Wow what a find congrats

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Gold that big is rarely found in the water let alone on land. Great score!!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a big hunk of gold for sure. I'd be happy with that. Congrats!

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; 77.6 Grams Special Made 1950's Bracelet. AWESOME. I hereby Vote BANNER.!!!! :headbang:
PEACE:RONB

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one whooper of a gold bracelet!! Congrats!

KyDigNQueen

May 30, 2016
KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG! Thats a heck of a find. Congrats!

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I added more photos for you! :)
How 'bout a photo with something for scale?

Awesome find. I'd be hyperventilating if I found something like that....but, I'd be hyperventilating very near the spot I found it while looking for more!

Congratz

OP
OP
j.d. in the usa

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LMAO Skippy....i just couldnt think of a good title!
GOOD GRIEF... Yeah, I'd say that's big gold. I was expecting a tiny ring or something, and was planning on coming in and saying something like "All gold is big gold!" But then BAM... 77 grams. Yeah, that's BIG gold. Over a full ounce of pure 24K is in that puppy.

AMAZING FIND. I'm voting banner!

Skippy

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz! You're living the dream with that find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread