"BIG" gold! and I mean BIG hehe!! at least for me it is!

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATED: "BIG" gold! and I mean BIG hehe!! at least for me it is!

UPDATE: an Ave. mens bracelet is 7 1/2 in. mine is 8 3/4 in. considered 3x large... added more pics and a person on another forum told me that the banded links are a copyrighted band from tiffany... so it may be a tiffany bracelet, i see some marking in an obscure place on the piece they look very worn my eyes are bad even with glasses and i cant see what it says lol I will try to get a pic.

This the biggest and most amount of gold I have found at one time, It was completely unexpected a friend and I were detecting for 3 hours and other than an old spoon and loads of shotgun shells nothing else was being found, We walk up this trail along a creek , we were hot, sweaty, and tired, he is a newbie and was getting frustrated and I was explaining to him we are in an area where good finds have been found in the past its an old area that's been heavily populated since the 1680's and there's always a possibility to find something good... 10 ft later I get another perfect shotgun shell reading on my Whites DFX 300 it was bouncing between 18-20 on my VDI and for some reason on this day the shotgun shells were mostly in that same VDI area, I looked at him and said "see here's another shotgun shell 2-3 inch down I'm tired, and hot but screw I'm gonna dig it anyway! you just never know" that is exactly what i said to him... he was only a few feet from me I dig the hole and right away I saw the gold... I looked at him and said OMG its gold!! as soon as I picked it up and it kept coming out the ground the first thing I realized was how heavy it was!!
I took it gold buyers first thing I told them its not for sale I just want to know weight and value, it is 77.76 grams 14k gold... they said its near $1800.00 in gold content alone. I took it to a local jeweler he said its at least 60-90 years old the style of the clamp hasn't been used since the mid 1950's... he said its not your standard men's bracelet that its a well made custom piece that is very expensive to reproduce. at this point I'm making plans to have it appraised.... he wouldn't give me a value but did say this to me which I thought was very interesting.. he told me if someone came in to his shop and ordered to have him custom make that exact bracelet because of how much gold, the uniqueness of the bracelet, and the time it would take him to design and make it he would charge no less than $12,000 to make the same style of bracelet.
Now for all you naysayer's out there I'm not saying its absolutely worth $12,000 but i sure like to dream... don't you!! and by the way I think its worth 12 million dollars!! ;)

All items found and kept are by permission from property owners.

Attachments

• IMG_2247.JPG
    IMG_2247.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 308
  • FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    FullSizeRender(4).jpg
    232 KB · Views: 314
  • FullSizeRender(5).jpg
    FullSizeRender(5).jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 330
  • FullSizeRender(6).jpg
    FullSizeRender(6).jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2736.JPG
    IMG_2736.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 71

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,, I remember those bracelet catches.
Apparently they weren't very secure.
77.76 gr. at 58% (14kt ), = $1,844.56 melt value.
That is an incredible find.
Congrats

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
^What he said!^ Congrats on all that bling!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
Curious... what makes them think it's 60 to 90 years old? Looks like a standard box and tongue clasp

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell ya!!!! That fires me up big time. Gold!! Gold!! Gold!! Fev!! Fev!! Fever!!!!!

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one bodacious gold bracelet find and "congrats" - thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us.

Texas ED

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a dream find...Congrats! I love it when a " trashy" signal turns out to be something much, much better when it comes out of the ground. You just never know..... HH

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy crap, I'm getting gold fever reading this thread! Awesome find man

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this find would look great on the Banner up above. Congrats!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the huge GOLD find! :notworthy:

The Urban Prospector

Bronze Member
Oct 18, 2014
Wherever I am.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado,
Garrett AT Pro,
Minelab Excal II,