May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We systematically detected a 1 acre horse paddock that took us 2.5 hours, not much to report. We then tried for 1.5 hours the 2 neighbouring fields, which also showed very little.
We had a few 18th C signs but if it were ever plough it was about 50 years ago, & must have been grasslands in the Medieval times.

Watch winder
WWII 50 Cal Armor Piercing Round.
18th-19th C Horse boss
Blank Geo Halfpenny
3 x 1830s buttons
WWII Army General service Button
18th C Box Stud
Bits....

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    324.4 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    303.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Upvote 14

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting finds as usual, and a hearty congratulations on the re-birth of British Independence !! I must say that I found it rather ironic that after hearing Cameron campaigning repeatedly that "Brits Don't Quit", as soon as Britains' voted to remain Brit's, he immediately announces he quits . lol

DownNDirty

Bronze Member
Jun 1, 2015
South Carolina
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to UK citizens for making a very smart move. It will be painful for a while (economic downturn) but in the long run will be a very good thing for the UK.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations to UK citizens for making a very smart move. It will be painful for a while (economic downturn) but in the long run will be a very good thing for the UK.

I agree, a little more pain after how much we have had will be worth it in the long run.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, a little more pain after how much we have had will be worth it in the long run.

Don't want to make it too political here, but you did the right thing. Conrats to your finds and for getting independent again. :icon_thumleft:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Cru on all fronts. Must be very easy for you to approximate the length of time since the plough has been through a patch of dirt? How deep do they plough some of the fields there out of curiosity?

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the very same general service button way out here on the Canadian prairies. Interesting stuff Cru.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Cru on all fronts. Must be very easy for you to approximate the length of time since the plough has been through a patch of dirt? How deep do they plough some of the fields there out of curiosity?
In our area with our crop rotations they never went deeper than 12 inches. However, the last 10 years have been shallow ploughs of only 4-6 inches, to save time & fuel money (plus new machines that direct drill into stubble). This has caused a black grass issue & now some do a deep plough every 4 years. They are now also leaving it over Winter & doing more Spring crops which will work in our favour.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Cru, my favourite find is the Big "N"! I know your reconnaissance missions always eventually end in success, but I'm curious - are you searching for a specific site or are you randomly searching until you find some signs of civilization?

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cru, my favourite find is the Big "N"! I know your reconnaissance missions always eventually end in success, but I'm curious - are you searching for a specific site or are you randomly searching until you find some signs of civilization?

This is the closed season, so we hunt anywhere we get an offer, if time permits. Otherwise our open season hunts are targeted to researched sites. This over simplifies it a little because there are still good sites to find which research will never lead you to. So we have lots of approaches.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice collection of finds! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread