tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got the chance to do a property in the neighborhood today, originally built in 1939. The owner said her neighbor had already done the yard and found nothing, but I was welcome to try. Three steps into the hunt dime and penny, same hole. Three more steps, next signal, two wheats, same hole. Finished the curb strip, clad throughout. Still along the sidewalk, homeowner side 1950 rosie. Clad scattered throughout the yard. Finally got to the short side of the house, loud clear signal. Knew what it was before I dug it. Never dug one before and was hoping for older, but I got my first half dollar, bi-centennial. Sorry my pictures are not better, older camera. PICT0482.JPG PICT0481.JPG

Upvote 12

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe you should follow the neighbor and redo all his hunts.........you sure "cleaned up" after him on this one!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome hunt on already hunted ground! Congrats!
....did the prior MD'er even turn his detector on?

OP
OP
tomhighland

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad I was able to share this hunt with everyone. My best guess is that he is one of the speed racer types. I used pro zero with no discrimination and took my time. If I get a chance I will go back and do it again after the rain on Sunday from a diagonal pattern. I want to try and find the homeowners aunt's wedding band for her. This may be impossible. I think it is probably down in the roots of the bushes around the porch. Have to use the sniper coil to squeeze in there a t all.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To be fair to the other guy they say to properly search a 10' X 10' square section of land with a 10" coil would take over 40 hours. You would need to search every angle, with different machines and take out every target to be sure nothing is masking a good coin.

I have absolutely NO idea what machine the other guy uses or his abilities. I NEVER believe in a searched out area. I have been to plenty of them. I bet somebody could come after me and find a coin or two maybe a gold. Nobody can get it all.

You had a good day and that is what counts. Enjoyed your post and your finds. Hopefully next time you will get a silver half.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your silver & clad coins finds on a hunted out yard - I too am wondering what mahine the other guy used and even after you have detected the yard still someone else can come in and find more. Anyway thanks for sharing your pictures and story with us & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

OP
OP
tomhighland

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes they are morels, but not from this year. This year the weather was just horrible. Was lucky if I got 2 pounds this year.

OP
OP
tomhighland

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I definitely have to agree with that. Often when doing a grid I pick up signals on the overlap. And that is the same machine, same settings. Along with the wheat 51, 52 and the Rosie 50 I also found after cleanup that half a dozen of my clad and several of the pennies were mid sixties. There is definitely more there.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good Job on recovering the coins and relics! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions