Every vacation should start this good!

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2016 has been a bit lame for me (for metal detecting). The local beaches haven't been very good. I went on vacation down south (California), and I decided to bring my detector along. I checked out the beach yesterday and it looked so-so but tons of people. Got out on low tide and started a zig-zag pattern to see if I could locate a pocket of targets. LITERALLY my first target of the day was a 14k gold necklace with pendant, this is actually my first gold necklace! Fair amount of coins and a few junk jewelry, two hours later I nice heavy 14k gold ring! I'm certainly not used to multiple gold days, this was a super hunt for me!

image.jpeg

Upvote 18

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2016 has been a bit lame for me (for metal detecting). The local beaches haven't been very good. I went on vacation down south (California), and I decided to bring my detector along. I checked out the beach yesterday and it looked so-so but tons of people. Got out on low tide and started a zig-zag pattern to see if I could locate a pocket of targets. LITERALLY my first target of the day was a 14k gold necklace with pendant, this is actually my first gold necklace! Fair amount of coins and a few junk jewelry, two hours later I nice heavy 14k gold ring! I'm certainly not used to multiple gold days, this was a super hunt for me!

View attachment 1329778

Congrats. No such luck for me after 3 days on my EAST coast beach vacation, but having a great time trying. Grew up in Cali (San Diego) but have never detected there as I am a late bloomer to MDing.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! Double gold! Congrats!

That is quite the chunky necklace!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OMG you found my necklace LOL that's a vacation you wont forget soon Good Job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations on your multiple golds! :occasion14:

OP
OP
N

Nathanonline

Oct 31, 2015
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Day two update, not as big as day one but still an amazing day. the center ring is 925 silver, the left ring i think is silver and gold (no markings but well made), and the ring on the right is 14k! Man I can't believe how good the last two days have been it's pretty amazing!

image.jpeg

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the rings. That thin gold band looks very similar to the one I picked up at the beach yesterday, 'cept yours is a few mils thicker. See my post for the pic.

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Water, sand, fresh air and some luck ..Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread