Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I decided to check out a tot lot i found last year but never got to hunt.
There were no expectations, just wanted to see what was there.

I was surprised at the low amount of trash and a high clad count, including a dollar coin. I'm pretty sure no one has hunted there, at lest not recently.
There wasn't much in the way of jewelry just 2 small junk pieces. This being a church school tot lot i was a little surprised i didn't find any religious pendants. Doesn't mean there isn't any, i just didn't find any.

The ground mantainence crew was in the front mowing, when I was leaving one of the guys came over and ask if I lost something and they could look for it.
I thanked him and explained it was a hobby, and i didn't lose anything.

Now this makes me wonder about me! :what:
In the past few years i've had a lady give me a quarter, and 2 offers to help me find what ever I lost. :what::what::what:

....maybe my persona needs a little work? :what:

Attachments

• 1466995334350.jpg
    1466995334350.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 160
Upvote 21

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good amount of quarters, you bet that tot lot hasn't been hit in a long time, if at all. I'd hit it a few more times going nice and slow, there's got to be a St. Christopher there, there always seems to be a St. Christopher.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Paid for coffee thats for sure. I think this is the most i have ever gotten from a tot lot.

I will be back, i didn't cover all of it, and its hard to get close to the metal structures.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive piles of clad, Ms..............that had to pay for more than coffee!!!
Too bad tot lots only give up those kinds of finds once or twice a year............really nice hunt.........

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Definitely a good day! It is also great that the people that have approached you were of a positive nature. Often this is because of the perception they get at a distance. You must be representing the hobby wonderfully.

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your bodacious clad & junk jewelry finds - thank you for posting your pictures and great story & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impressive piles of clad, Ms..............that had to pay for more than coffee!!!
Too bad tot lots only give up those kinds of finds once or twice a year............really nice hunt.........

Coffee for me, batteties for the detector. :D

Yes the pickings do get sparse once its been detected.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a good day! It is also great that the people that have approached you were of a positive nature. Often this is because of the perception they get at a distance. You must be representing the hobby wonderfully.

Well thank you for that kind thought! I probably look more like a bag lady especially towards the end of the hunt when i have dirt on me. :D

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your bodacious clad & junk jewelry finds - thank you for posting your pictures and great story & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishing.

Texas ED

Thank you!
Hope you find some wish list items!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of coins, I'd be real sore after digging that much. gaela4 is right, I'd hit that place next three or four hunts, I know for me when there is a bunch of good sounds like all those quarters I might not even dig something like a pull tab or nickle. Go back looking for those midtones even if they sound bad. I bet there is a gold something in there hiding, that place has not been hunted in a long long time if ever. Has to be some gold in there.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pile of clad. Congrats

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Tot Lot Clad" sounds like the name of a 1990's grunge band. :laughing7:
grunge.jpg

Keep hitting them, you will score your blessed bling again soon! Best of Luck, Sub 8-)

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Very nice pile of clad. Getting out is the main thing. Enjoy your posts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread