Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4th attempt at this post. the early 1700's parcel day 1 was cut off at the crotch by rain. my last hole was a LC 4 hole whizzer toy that lost most details when they pounded the holes--poor kid had no video game to play:laughing7::laughing7:. IMG_3257.JPG IMG_3258.JPG IMG_3253.JPG IMG_3254.JPG IMG_3251.JPG IMG_3252.JPG IMG_3256.JPG IMG_3255.JPG IMG_3259.JPG IMG_3260.JPG IMG_3261.JPG my 2nd Dandy in 2 days, the flower button that hit like a Zincoln, 2 copper memorials plus a '53 Wheat, and to top off a Colonial home8-)8-)why not a John Hancock Mutual Life Insurance Co. Boston promotional alumimum thimble:icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:the home owner wants to buy the LC whizzer---but I have "no eye deer" how to value a piece of early US history like this. FMERG left with his 2 IHP'S before the rain. hope this post goes thru, and the dope who created Adobe Flash plug in should go scuba diving with a tank filled with cyanide:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: more rain coming, so Wed. we plan to attack that dirt like a mama bear ravaging a beehive.

Last edited:
Upvote 10

WildWildBill

Banned
Jan 1, 2015
Orange Park, Fl
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 950/White's Bullseye pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think that the whizzer is incomplete. Usually there would be serrations on it, so it is a preform. Not worth much other than a defaced coin. If it could be tied in with a particular individual there would be some bucks. About when is that thimble from? Just curious....

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds! Cool large cent and relics! :occasion14:

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That apostrophe in the title on your other three tries is the problem. Nice finds.

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! Give the homeowner the whizzer for goodness sake. The karma will net you an even better find. And be sure to ask if he has any friends, relatives, acquaintances who might own property on which you might detect. Never hurts to ask someone who is a history nut.

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you should string up that Whizzer and let it sound off for the first time in a 150 years

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those whizzer toys are great finds. I found one a few years back that had the boys name and year inscribed on it. That made it real personal.

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First LC I've ever seen converted to a whizzer. Pretty darn cool! Thanks for sharing.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some nice finds! I really like thimbles. I would probably give the LC to the owner, but your call of course. Good Luck with whatever you decide!

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the story on the "whizzer": a counterfeit made of pewter weighing 9.5 grams with a 20 to 30 degree reverse die rotation. I returned to the site and told the homeowner what I learned. he is a LC collector and given the story of this find I told him it is a piece that needs to stay with his historic property. I told him it was his to treasure as my gratitude for being allowed to hunt his home. BEEZ0404 said "give it to him" so I did---what a look on his face---I may occasionally dig shallow holes, but my humanity tends to run deep--guess that is called old and wise :---) I am giving him any pottery pieces I dig since he keeps a jug filled with the ones he finds while gardening. still hoping for an old coin, but the relics are keepin' me full of sh^its & giggles

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds p e a. :occasion14: That coin has character.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
here is the story on the "whizzer": a counterfeit made of pewter weighing 9.5 grams with a 20 to 30 degree reverse die rotation. I returned to the site and told the homeowner what I learned. he is a LC collector and given the story of this find I told him it is a piece that needs to stay with his historic property. I told him it was his to treasure as my gratitude for being allowed to hunt his home. BEEZ0404 said "give it to him" so I did---what a look on his face---I may occasionally dig shallow holes, but my humanity tends to run deep--guess that is called old and wise :---) I am giving him any pottery pieces I dig since he keeps a jug filled with the ones he finds while gardening. still hoping for an old coin, but the relics are keepin' me full of sh^its & giggles

From my experience many doors open with a little bit of generosity. I give way to much away, but when I think back I regret nothing. Many properties and historic sites pass my name along to others, and now my name gets passed on freely, getting me into many places I cannot believe.

Great finds and great job.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet relic saves! Congrats!

The kid who played with the whizzer probably formed his own business and handed it down to the following generstions!

Great karma for your next permission!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread