ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
STRANGE, you can't put an apostrophe in the title. SORRY.

I was relaxing today and not planning on diving. However, I got a call from a boater that got one of my business cards. He dropped some boat parts off the side of his boat. So I tell him I will meet him at the marina at 4:15. I go and it takes me about 5 minutes to find his parts in the muck. I got this for my effort.

Since I am near the beach I play at I decide to get a dive in and see what I can scrounge up.

Not a lot, but more of the same. 2 silver rings and two brass ones, 2 Washingtons, two merc's and a war nickel. A buffalo and 6 wheat's. I don't think that brass thing with a winder on it was a watch. However I have no idea what it was. Didn't find a lot of buckles today. I know they are still out hiding in the weeds and muck. I did find two houses and a regular Jefferson nickel.

Last edited:
Upvote 18

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang Scuba you're raking in the greenbacks. :notworthy: Another satisfied customer and some nice finds, what else could a person want?

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds. Finally, someone else concerned with proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation!

aj

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using an apostrophe locked me out of 2 of my posts.
I was fortunate that the "Moderators" stepped right up and helped me straighten out my mistakes. You see,, they're not here to just spank you.
Congrats on retrieving $50 in parts from the drink.
You're doing quite well at picking away at the silver.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
More great finds! Congratulations. Makes me want to "dive" into underwater MD'ing myself but work keeps getting in the way.
HH
dts

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice days worth
"not allot but more of the same" Always amazes me different perspectives on finds, don't get me wrong, your perspective is not mine, just interesting.

Very cool day in the water, how is your visibility? My one lake I only have about a few inches, the other one I can see my coil at my feet. I don't like being in all the muck when it's so dark I can't see what's in my scoop!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
And you paid for everything with your "time off". Is that wrist-band thing gold?

No gold this trip. The very black silver ring was gold plated and a few specs are still on it but that is all.

Using an apostrophe locked me out of 2 of my posts.
I was fortunate that the "Moderators" stepped right up and helped me straighten out my mistakes. You see,, they're not here to just spank you.
Congrats on retrieving $50 in parts from the drink.
You're doing quite well at picking away at the silver.

Unfortunately or fortunately the silver is very hard work. I guess if it was easy, somebody would have already got it!

Nice days worth
"not allot but more of the same" Always amazes me different perspectives on finds, don't get me wrong, your perspective is not mine, just interesting.

Very cool day in the water, how is your visibility? My one lake I only have about a few inches, the other one I can see my coil at my feet. I don't like being in all the muck when it's so dark I can't see what's in my scoop!

I think I understand what you are saying. Black silver doesn't excite me much. Even a gold ring doesn't anymore. I need a canon or a machine gun or something totally off the wall to excite me. I remember when I found my first WW1 practice bomb. Now that was an interesting dive! Another huge diamond might help also!

The visibility is great till I move the weeds and the muck. When I start digging, NIL. Chasing those small brass rivets is a royal PAIN. Trouble is, it could be a silver dime or a ring. I have a system, however, since I can't see a thing if I accidentally drop the target, my system is flawed.

I used to carry two mesh bags and I am going back to it soon. Once I get the target in my hand, I put everything in a bag, hold the top closed and swish it in the water, then get the target out and out it in the finds bag. I don't know why I haven't used it this year. I hate wasting air feeling for a target I dropped.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job...
Welcome to "my world"... heh

When I was growing up (:/) ...
I would be doing a hull and come up to a person or more standing there waiting for me to surface...

Some days I would show up for an hour job... and leave in the evening ... full of good food and drink... and pocket of cash...
AND...
Requests / invites to all kinds of things.
From parties to making money jobs.

When I was in my teens I would work the marina boats by day... party by night.
Ahhh those were the days. :P

Last edited:

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice boat part...:laughing7: Okay I do know the difference but what a wonderful "change" of plans. Oh and the other stuff is cool too

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on the cash and the finds. Silver rings and silver coins on the same trip is a super good hunt for me!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thumbs-up.jpg ...I have that same heart hair barett - found at spot with same age as yours - lots of brass buckles and old silver and gold

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to be able to mix work with pleasure! Cool finds!

ShortbusElite

Jun 26, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After seeing several of your posts, it looks like detecting underwater is the way to go. You make some great finds. Good job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread